Fulham

Demitri_C

40 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think "doing a Villa" is sadly going to become the norm, the jump is huge, most decent championship sides have loanees as their better players, even looking at Sheffield Utd now you could say their lack of real spending is catching up with them 

Spending £100m+ just to have a fighting chance of staying up, games gone 

Unless you have a coach of the caliber of Bielsa or Benitez.

If not, then yes this is the reality.

I'm surprised they haven't invested more this summer. They have a wealthy owner, they presumably have the funds to spend big again, but they seem to be relying largely on their squad that got relegated last time.

If they just spent a modest 50-60m on a creative player and a solid defender, I think they'd have a much better chance of not being a complete embarrassment to the league.

Edited by Rob182
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I'm surprised they haven't invested more this summer. They have a wealthy owner, they presumably have the funds to spend big again, but they seem to be relying largely on their squad that got relegated last time.

If they just spent a modest 50-60m on a creative player and a solid defender, I think they'd have a much better chance of not being a complete embarrassment to the league.

They will struggle to get some quality centre halfs in now, anybody decent would look at that team and know it is going to be a season of struggle unless they can attract a good player by offering obscene amounts of money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

They're probably thinking they spend loads and dismantled the promotion team last time and it failed but that was a much better team in my opinion. They went on like a 20 game winning streak or something stupid 

Them spending the money was never the issue.

The issue was spending it on quantity rather than quality.

Their defence is awful. If I was a Fulham fan looking for any positives from yesterday it would be that Tetty (sp?) Swung some good crosses in and Mitrovic got his head on quite a few of them, he did nothing with them mind, but it's a combination that may be fruitful for them over the course of the season. 

They seem to have gone chalk and cheese with their approach from last season, I understand the thinking to a point, but they need bodies in quickly. 

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

There's no way Big Sam would take the job unless they got in two new CBs. He's not stupid, he will know full well he can't magically turn Odoi, Ream and Hector into gold dust.

He could though. It wouldn't be pretty but he could.

That's the genius of Sam and also his downfall.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

He could though. It wouldn't be pretty but he could.

That's the genius of Sam and also his downfall.

I really feel like Allardyce has at this point been built up into this almost mythical figure that doesn't quite match the reality. He's good at keeping teams up but I suspect he's also quite good at recognising his own limits and knowing which jobs to take and when.

• Like 1

He's taken  a very strong lead in the sack race. I give him another 3-4 games. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54344889

Fulham boss Scott Parker says vice-chairman Tony Khan's Twitter apology for the performance in Monday's 3-0 defeat by Aston Villa was "disappointing" and "not helpful".

Following the home defeat, Khan promised to sign new players before the transfer window closes on 5 October.

"It's not something I agree with but it's how he sees it," said Parker.

"The thing I'm actually disappointed with, is how he's apologising for the performance. He shouldn't have."

The Cottagers have lost their three opening league games - conceding 10 goals.

Fulham, who were promoted via the play-offs, have only brought in two new first-team players on permanent deals.

Full-backs Antonee Robinson and Kenny Tete were the permanent summer arrivals in Scott Parker's squad against Villa, while goalkeeper Alphonse Areola, who started on Monday, was one of three loan signings.

Fulham's central defenders have been error-prone in their opening three games - only West Brom, coincidentally this season, have ever conceded more in the opening three games of a Premier League season.

However, Parker says his players "worked tirelessly from the first minute to the 95th".

"The performance last night was a good performance which was a group of players who have done everything they can," he added.

"From 3-0 down they were still trying work as much as they can to try and get us back in the game and for that I don't agree with him."

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Wonder if they'll try and get Sessegnon back. Not made the Spurs squad for league games and talk he'll be loaned out.

not sure that he'd improve them for the amount that they would be paying, considering they've already signed 3 other fullbacks (who can also play on the wing) this transfer window.

Edited by Villaphan04

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â