Fulham

Demitri_C

25 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I’ve been wondering who’s had the better two seasons now: Fulham with a play off win, but a horribly wretched season in the Premier League (four wins and twenty four losses) or us with our two play off challenges.

Going back to the PL bothers me because it can turn out seriously unenjoyable. Wolves will finish seventh and have picked up some decent wins, but it’s still all a bit meh. 

We just don't have that luxury though do we?

The long term future of the club rests on getting back into the PL, despite the fact that it's likely to be far less enjoyable on the whole.

Catch-22 defined.

56 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I’ve been wondering who’s had the better two seasons now: Fulham with a play off win, but a horribly wretched season in the Premier League (four wins and twenty four losses) or us with our two play off challenges.

Going back to the PL bothers me because it can turn out seriously unenjoyable. Wolves will finish seventh and have picked up some decent wins, but it’s still all a bit meh. 

There is no guarantee the football will be enjoyable next season in championship either. I want to be in the Premier league that's where we belong a club this size. 

1 hour ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I know what you mean. I often have the same debate with myself, I think ultimately I want my team testing themselves against the best teams in the country. But yeah, if we had a season like Huddlesfield have had then from a fans perspective, going to the games starts to become a chore. 

I am honestly not that arsed about going back. Our last 4 or 5 years in the league was torture and genuinely not fun. I have seen fans of other teams that have gone up wishing they were back down

Its just hype and not a lot more

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I am honestly not that arsed about going back. Our last 4 or 5 years in the league was torture and genuinely not fun. I have seen fans of other teams that have gone up wishing they were back down

I know what you mean. In general I find the Championship so much more enjoyable but I suppose a large part of that would come down to just being competitive again after a long long time. 

The obvious drawback to your argument is that if we don't go up soon we will become one of those teams that is forced to sell their best players every year and rebuild. 

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

The obvious drawback to your argument is that if we don't go up soon we will become one of those teams that is forced to sell their best players every year and rebuild. 

Like most teams in the prem? 

• Like 1

Shambolic season really, wasted a hell of a lot of money on unproven players as we found out ourselves is a recipe for disaster, sacking jokanovic I didn't get, the hiring of ranieri was mental. The way sessegnon has been handled this season has wiped millions off what he was worth last year.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I'd rather be a championship title/playoff contender vs a relegation candidate in the premier league.

Like you said, it was bad for a while. Basically the moment we hired McLeish, it was shit until we were officially relegated. 

• Like 1

I don’t understand this. Is this what we have become accepting being a upper championship side? I’d rather be a premi r league side any day.

people make out as if we can keep the likes of mcginn and grealish at this level. Being a championship means crappy teams like Burnley can poach our players. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

To be honest I lost a lot of interest when MON's ineptitude cost us our chance of getting into the champions league. Since then we were just playing out the fixtures in the premier league just like we would be if we get promoted. The only hope is that our new owners spend big if we get promoted. 

As for being in the championship, it doesn't sit right with me. We don't belong in the lower leagues. 

6 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

If we'd have won the play-offs, we'd have been smashed into oblivion this season.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I don’t understand this. Is this what we have become accepting being a upper championship side? I’d rather be a premi r league side any day.

people make out as if we can keep the likes of mcginn and grealish at this level. Being a championship means crappy teams like Burnley can poach our players. 

I think some people (me included) just got fed up of years of abysmal football. 

Even when we were finishing 6th in the Premier League, we were losing our best players year in year out (Barry, Milner, Young, Downing)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Same. The only thing that makes me in a rush to get back is the fear that the longer we stay down here the harder it will be to get back up.

I do want to get back there as a goal. But if it leads to a few more seasons like we had before we got relegated I'm in no rush.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I think some people (me included) just got fed up of years of abysmal football. 

Even when we were finishing 6th in the Premier League, we were losing our best players year in year out (Barry, Milner, Young, Downing)

This really, we became a big fish in a tank of sharks.

I don't miss being in the Premier league at all, and if we do go up the same happens again

• Like 1

Fulham are in real trouble. They made a loss in their promotion season - they'll get about £150m for a season at the top table - they've spent £100m on players and doubled their wage bill - with a £60m parachute payment, they'll need to sell players to have a chance of breaking even. 

The gap is getting very wide and it's more and more difficult to jump it and then stick in the Premier league.

Wolves lost a million pound a week in their promotion season - that's four times the allowable loss for a year - and they needed to in order to start their Premier league season with a competitive squad that were largely used to playing together.

It's a vicious catch-22, you have to break the rules to go up successfully, then if you do go up, you need luck and money to stay there in your first year, and if you don't, you're stuck in the Championship with an FFP punishment.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Scott Parker with a impressive 0 % win rate so far in his managerial career!

bloody tough start he got in fairness, the last 3 Premier League champions, league leaders at the time and Watford who are no pushovers

I do worry because on paper Fulham's squad was pretty solid. 

Mitrovic, Sessegnon, Cairney, Ream, and Bryan were all good championship players. 

They had some decent signings too. Seri was a really big one, Schurlle, and Anguissa were also good pick ups. 

Just makes me nervous. Fulham's team that went up reminds me of our current team. 

33 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I do worry because on paper Fulham's squad was pretty solid. 

Mitrovic, Sessegnon, Cairney, Ream, and Bryan were all good championship players. 

They had some decent signings too. Seri was a really big one, Schurlle, and Anguissa were also good pick ups. 

Just makes me nervous. Fulham's team that went up reminds me of our current team. 

A team of individuals.

Â