John McGinn

PompeyVillan

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Certainly a **** clown on the pitch. 

Was always a hugely flawed player.

It's just that his flaws get's highlighted more under such a rookie of a manager.

McGinn will never be better than a squad player. Question is just how long it will take for the club to realize it.

• Like 2

Just now, Jonesy7211 said:

Nothing against those two, but in this system Gerrard must persist with I don't think they're defensive enough. Would like to see them more involved though.

Nakamba can't pass a ball. Sanson was the best presser in the French league basically and Luiz has played CDM the last 3 seasons.

Get some players who can actually pass and move on the pitch and maybe will possession be even. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Nakamba can't pass a ball. Sanson was the best presser in the French league basically and Luiz has played CDM the last 3 seasons.

Get some players who can actually pass and move on the pitch and maybe will possession be even. 

Didn't know that about Sanson. But I'm not sure we get the best out of Luiz as a CDM. Although neither are going to be worse than McGinn.

I genuinely thought this season McGinn would be an impact sub and would be happy with that quality coming off the bench.

However, with the armband entrusted to him, he’s going to play every game.

Nothing against McGinn but giving him the captaincy was an atrocious decision. 

The thing is. With our chosen formation and especially away from home John (and JJ) should only play as one of the 10’s. We need a solid midfield, ie Bouba and two more and then one of Phil/Emi, one of John/JJ and Ollie. 

• Like 1

He keeps persisting with McGinn and JJ in a 3 It DOES NOT WORK!  They are the worst in Europe for pass completion!  No wonder our midfield gets cut through like a hot knife through butter.  Gerrard is just stubborn!  Should be Boubs and Luiz at the bare minimum! 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Yes...yes...yes!!!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stoobs said:

I love SJM but definitely needs dropped. A shadow of himself at the moment. 3 or 4 games on bench, coming on later, might actually do him power of good. 

Been this way for over two years....one decent game in ten.

Completely out of his depth in the PL, should be a squad player for Villa at best.

McGinn is holding us back.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

He cost £2m

yeah a great signing for 2m, he has really been a great servant, but that doesnt mean he is good enough right now to help us get to the next level, he really isnt.

Don't disagree MaVilla

Never thought he was as good as some on here thought 2 years ago, but hes not as bad as some of the knowitalls are implying now.

For me the only good midfielder at the club is Kamara, JJ probably will be, as will Tim, the rest are all a bit meh to me.

SG never recruited one of them

Just now, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Don't disagree MaVilla

Never thought he was as good as some on here thought 2 years ago, but hes not as bad as some of the knowitalls are implying now.

For me the only good midfielder at the club is Kamara, JJ probably will be, as will Tim, the rest are all a bit meh to me.

SG never recruited one of them

ye, cant disagree with that.

1 hour ago, calcifer said:

He keeps persisting with McGinn and JJ in a 3 It DOES NOT WORK!  They are the worst in Europe for pass completion!  No wonder our midfield gets cut through like a hot knife through butter.  Gerrard is just stubborn!  Should be Boubs and Luiz at the bare minimum! 

He's not stubborn he's just a **** moron with footballing ideology from 1987. Play the good lads with lots of legs and hunger 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

He cost £2m

And he looks it. He's got 2 moves and every PL team has sussed them out. He looks to turn with the hip or play the big switch. Once both those options aren't available he plays a negative or sideways pass. Love the guy for everything he has done but we desperately need to move on. 

Go watch the highlights of our promotion season. If it wasn't for the face you wouldn't even know you were looking at the same player. He is a shell of that player. 

Â