John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Making him captain was a stunning piece of management by Gerrard.

OG Ronaldo was at the Spurs game earlier today and he looked about as match fit as our captain. Ice cream isn't the answer.

Edited by sne

We do not need a player with McGinn's qualities in the midfield blend. Look at what Palace have gelled together. Ball carriers, destroyers, passers...McGinn just doesn't fit into a clear role.

Ergo, we need to start/buy a high quality player with an outstanding attribute who is good at other things. McGinn is just a good general allrounder.

We looked a bit better when Dougie was in CM to retain the ball more successfully 

McGinn was brilliant in the Championship. He's shown occasional flashes of brilliance since our promotion but he is clearly not equipped to start games for a team aiming for the top half of the Premier League. He would be the first player to go for me. The last of the old guard. 

I would be just as happy if the next manager drops him, or even sells him, than I would be a new signing.

Turning into a terrible footballer, my belief is he is part of the reason we are not moving forward, just slows the pace of the game down. Any quick pass he makes goes beyond the player.

He's a right media darling too, I'm not sure what they see in him. Scottish football and the Championship was definately his level, he'll be finished at 30.

Poor today, positionally unaware and palace made him look a bit useless. Should have been sent off too, very lucky to stay on after tripping Zaha.

Would like to see him dropped for Nakamba in the next game so we have two defensive minded midfielders to support the fullbacks.

Edited by Jonesy7211

1 minute ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Poor today, positionally unaware and palace made him look a bit useless. Should have been sent off too, very lucky to stay on after tripping Zaha.

Would like to see him dropped for Nakamba in the next game so we have too more defensive minded midfielders to support the fullbacks.

Play Luiz and Sanson ffs. 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Play Luiz and Sanson ffs. 

Nothing against those two, but in this system Gerrard must persist with I don't think they're defensive enough. Would like to see them more involved though.

Â