John McGinn

PompeyVillan

He turned into Nigel Reo-Coker so slowly I didn't notice until it was too late.

Ankle injury/lack of willingness to rehab it properly has finished him. Never been the same. Can't move. As soon as he gets the ball, the anchor drops and he starts rotating himself round it exactly like Nige used to.

Can't dictate a football game against Bolton. Legit terrible footballer.

You have your box to box high energy footballers, but when you play a team lower in the league you see these less sophisticated footballers suddenly look a real class above. They have a bit more time on the ball,  a lot more touches and a lot more chance to show their class take responsibility and really run the game.

Not John. He still runs away from the ball , rattles around like he's playing on his local park and spends 95% of his time pumping his fists and falling over.

It’s honestly quite sad how he’s regressed over the last couple of seasons.  Perhaps he’s never fully regained top fitness since that broken ankle? He clearly lacks the quality of an elite Premier League player also.

I loved him in the Championship and the amount of Rocky, Forest Gump running gifs we would see on here were just hilarious, but it’s becoming clearly obvious that he just shouldn’t be starting games regularly for us. He severely holding us back and it’s costing us games.

Just hope we don’t turn on him and sour his relationship with supporters. It would be far better to bench him for a few games but sadly making him captain has made that decision now even harder for Gerrard. 

has been the weakest link in the midfield for a while now. 

& Gerrard's made him captain. Utterly baffling, and I don't see any leadership on the pitch from him. 

I liked SJM the player, but he just isn't good enough to be starting for us now. otherwise we won't be able to drastically improve

• Like 1

Just now, Mantis said:

Interesting that he wasn't subbed off at all. Really hoping this means he won't start on Sunday but doubt it.

I was also going to mention this, pretty weird to keep him on the full 90 but take off Kamara & Luiz. 

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Interesting that he wasn't subbed off at all. Really hoping this means he won't start on Sunday but doubt it.

Gerrard simply can't sub him off. Only reason he did VS Palace was because he was on a yellow.

Â