John McGinn

PompeyVillan

He wasn’t my choice for captain, and I wouldn’t start him all the time, but let’s not forget those involved in the professional always start him. It’s not just a Gerrard thing, it was the same under Smith, Bruce and it’s the same for Scotland.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, messi11 said:

Rules Mcginn must follow against Everton to have a good game:
1) No long balls, 
2) No crosses
3) Just pass the bloody ball the the player nearest to you 
4) Run everywhere
5) Once again no hollywood long balls, keep it short

Rules for Mcginn to have a great game

1) Leave him on the bench

6) No arsing

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Imagine if he's actually benched for Sanson on Saturday...

...dreaming I know

Got more chance of Watkins scoring 3 goals from 3 shots..... Mcginn won't be dropped. He could drop his shorts and take a dump in the center circle and still stay on the pitch! 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Got more chance of Watkins scoring 3 goals from 3 shots..... Mcginn won't be dropped. He could drop his shorts and take a dump in the center circle and still stay on the pitch! 

Some of his best midfield work in months

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Chasetown Villa said:

I feel so uninspired by the prospect of him leading the team out tomorrow. It still dumbfounds me how he is now our captain. 

yeah but Turkey suit mate.

Turkey suit!

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

I like McGinn but I hope I am wrong with my assessment

He will start slow, make a  physical tackle near the touchline boards for impact, he will then disappear for 20 minutes. Next he will cut inside from the right and try a few Hollywood passes that his manager will love but to nobody then disappear for another 30 minutes

14 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I hope he has his one half-decent game in ten tomorrow, it's long overdue.

Much better today, a bit more solid and less cavalier. Think he still gave the ball away a couple of times but for the most part played it simple.

Set up Watkins for the assist to Ings for his goal to with a great pass.

Credit where it's due and all that.

5 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Hilarious that this thread has barely any activity. He was brilliant today, hence why it has barely no activity. 

You’re absolutely right.

Excellent work today John.

Based on last season I now expect 3 utter shite performances.

How’s that?

1 hour ago, villanmac said:

Hilarious that this thread has barely any activity. He was brilliant today, hence why it has barely no activity. 

He was not brilliant today though? He played 2 good passes, won the ball well once or twice. Then scuppered every single other attack when he got the ball because he plays with zero urgency at all but at the same time rushes every attack. Crosses and shoots from awful positions. Takes forever when he receives it letting the opponents defence gets set. Never moves it quickly to create an advantage. 

• Haha 3

Â