John McGinn

PompeyVillan

1 minute ago, Condimentalist said:

He had a good game and was integral in the win. If he can play like that every week he'll be OK and can hopefully win round a few of the doubters.

Ramsay also had a decent game but I still think those two together leaves us too exposed in transition. 

It worked against a poor Everton side, but we will be exposed if them two start week in week out together.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's a shame his thread only gets active when he is shite.

Is that a surprise though? It's the build up of frustration as that's his normal level. One decent performance (that's all it was) now and again isn't going to change people's opinions of him is it?

If he puts together a run of good form over a fair few games I'm sure plenty would be in here singing his praises, and would happily be proved wrong. No-one has anything against him personally.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Damn… Purslow should’ve been on the phone to United and offered them McGinn for 50 plus add ons…

Maybe it’s not too late? McGinn isn’t a destroyer DM like Casemiro anyway.

Purslow could still sell him as a more down-to-earth alternative to De Jong.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

I love SJM but definitely needs dropped. A shadow of himself at the moment. 3 or 4 games on bench, coming on later, might actually do him power of good. 

But but Gerrard said he is not an automatic starter and his performances needed to improve, Gerrard must be watching someone else play. He is garbage, i agree he needs to be benched for a period of time.

Â