John McGinn

PompeyVillan

21 minutes ago, a m ole said:

😂 I meant beef between dirty Leeds and dirty Man Utd players

They arent playing each other on the tour, Leeds will play Palace and then go home

• Thanks 1

On 17/07/2022 at 19:47, jacketspuds said:

It wasn’t a good challenge, but it wasn’t terrible either. Turning his back as he went in for it wasn’t great, and a tackle like that in the PL will not go unpunished. Especially given the hypocritical overreaction of the Leeds players.

I think he was going for one of his 360° turns, something he pulls out several times a season, which is why he turned as he did. Obviously didn't quite land it but he wasn't miles off and he wasn't diving in or out of control. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I wonder how it will go against Man United?

Well VAR has given Manchester United a penalty for McGinn’s challenge on the Leeds player. How do you think it goes man!

• Haha 4

It kinda reminded me of when Gabby crunched that wee one direction fella in the exhibition match at celtic park. Think he made him cry.

The wee Leeds fella probably shouldn't have been out there in the first place as he looked a bit reckless and a completely different shape and size as the proper grown ups. Footballers are conditioned nowadays to be solid as rocks - even smaller guys are just more robust from years on the pitch. 

5 hours ago, brommy said:

The 'dress up' as you put it, is being done by those who see it as more than the official declared it.

Ball won but caught the player very low down afterwards. Yellow at most. No 'dress up' there.

That's actually dressing up a "dress up".

• Haha 1

On 17/07/2022 at 08:29, HalfTimePost said:

Getting a huge amount of stick for a challenge on a 16yo Leeds Player who was stretchered off as a result.

Was a clear 50/50 and Leeds fans saying he did it intentionally due to an earlier tackle by the kid on Buendia - McGinn was staring at the ball, would've had no idea who was coming.

Wasn't studs up, wasn't even a sliding tackle, just a 50/50 that's gone awry, real shame for the kid and hope he isn't out too long, but the challenge by McGinn was fine imo

Archie Gray was putting it about himself, and he got a yellow, for an earlier challenge .....If you are old enough to dish it out, you are old enough to receive it.

They are just playing on his age to gain the advantage.

It just looked an unfortunate tackle to me.

• Like 2

He's gone in hard, but without intent to injure.  It's one of those split second things of "if I don't go in hard, I'm going to come off worse here".

It's exactly the same as that time I saw that old lady crossing the street whilst I was driving.  I didn't have to put my foot down, but you don't want to come off worse in a 50/50.

Needless to say, Car 1, little old lady with trolley NIL 😏

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Archie Gray was putting it about himself, and he got a yellow, for an earlier challenge .....If you are old enough to dish it out, you are old enough to receive it.

They are just playing on his age to gain the advantage.

It just looked an unfortunate tackle to me.

My site manger is a Leeds fan, he's just been in the office, so I brought the game up (smugly ;)) - His three comments were that it was a bad challenge, McGinn went to injure him and he's only 16 🤦‍♂️.

I responded by saying "if you're going to throw yourselves into tackles then you are going to get some back" - No comment back other than he thinks Leeds are in danger of relegation this season. (Let's hope so).

As Leeds fans go, he's actually not that bad (I know, I know) - He was a fan of the Dirty Leeds side in the late 60's early 70's, so his views are somewhat clouded in that they are the greatest team on earth when really it was just a few years  of success. To be fair we can be tarnished with that with our early 80's successes.

I stand by the tackle being no more than a yellow and would have said the same if it was the other way round. And to be honest the tackle by Gray on Buendia looked a harsh yellow for me. He won the ball and followed through (like McGinn) - but maybe in this day and age you can't do that - which says more about how the game has changed for the worse (IMO).

• Like 2

Judging by the team sheet for todays match, looks like McGinn and Kamara in a double pivot.  Be interesting to see how that works, Kamara the more reserved with McGinn given more license to go forward.

Could be a step away from the 3 man midfield, possibly being used against weaker teams.

Edited by duke313
  • Like 1

Still not a fan. For all the good things he offers we never retain possession well with him in the team. 

Mcginn might be my least favourite player to watch in football at the minute. Like he has some moments but he's so unbelievably lazy all the time. It's so painful to watch. It's like watching pogba except pogba is a genuine world class talent and mcginn is not. 

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Mcginn might be my least favourite player to watch in football at the minute. Like he has some moments but he's so unbelievably lazy all the time. It's so painful to watch. It's like watching pogba except pogba is a genuine world class talent and mcginn is not. 

He's never had any pace at all but he had heart and  determination and now he hasn't got much of that.

I'm sick of him trotting around thinking I'm Super John McGinn. I'll start anyway. He needs to sit it out for a while or find a new club.

Â