John McGinn

PompeyVillan

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

A red card for **** sake? :D 

You see those given as reds all the time. I'm not sure why people seem so outraged at the suggestion. He's basically stamped on the guy's shin/ankle, albeit unintentionally.

He does win the ball to be fair, which I admit gives him a bit of leeway. But that doesn't usually matter with challenges like that.

Red card or yellow card, it's not a very nice challenge

4 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

It can dress it up all you like, but, for me, that's an awful challenge, even more so for a friendly. 

The 'dress up' as you put it, is being done by those who see it as more than the official declared it.

Ball won but caught the player very low down afterwards. Yellow at most. No 'dress up' there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

You see those given as reds all the time. I'm not sure why people seem so outraged at the suggestion. He's basically stamped on the guy's shin/ankle, albeit unintentionally.

He does win the ball to be fair, which I admit gives him a bit of leeway. But that doesn't usually matter with challenges like that.

Red card or yellow card, it's not a very nice challenge

This. You can just see a VAR check where they slow it down to make it look as malicious as possible, too. 

This tackle was worse from a Leeds player and he could have badly injured Grealish and was just a yellow card

Leeds star Dallas stretchered off with horror knee injury after sickening  collision with Man City ace Jack Grealish

Bamford leaving one on Carlos was probably as bad as McGinn tackle as well since was zero intention of winning the ball

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

This tackle was worse from a Leeds player and he could have badly injured Grealish and was just a yellow card

Leeds star Dallas stretchered off with horror knee injury after sickening  collision with Man City ace Jack Grealish

Whilst you're right, I'm really not sure of the relevance :) 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Whilst you're right, I'm really not sure of the relevance :) 

of course its relevant its the same team. Its fine for the Leeds players to go around kick people but its not fine when they take it back

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

of course its relevant its the same team. Its fine for the Leeds players to go around kick people but its not fine when they take it back

But nobody is saying it's fine...

Just now, Stevo985 said:

But nobody is saying it's fine...

Leeds fans/journos on Twitter were praising Bamford for getting revenge on Carlos and Gray for making a dodgy enough tackle on Buendia but when McGinn fouled Gray it was McGinn fault for not looking out for a 16 year old

It was a bad idea playing Leeds in a friendly anyway, I don’t like the idea of playing teams in your league in the off-season, especially not one where they have a reputation and there’s some weird bad blood for some dumb reason. It was always going to be played with a bit of fire.

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

It was a bad idea playing Leeds in a friendly anyway, I don’t like the idea of playing teams in your league in the off-season, especially not one where they have a reputation and there’s some weird bad blood for some dumb reason. It was always going to be played with a bit of fire.

I wonder how it will go against Man United?

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

I remember years ago ahead of a international tournament where Sweden had qualified and Denmark had not. They still decided to play a "friendly" just before the tournament. Think it might have been the 94 WC.

Denmark spent the whole game trying to injure the Swedish players :D 

• Like 1

I’ve only just watched the tackle v the Leeds player , looked like his intention was to be strong and block the space not foul , it was clumsy but if it was the other way round the media would be praising the Leeds player for “getting stuck in ,being physical blah blah”. Fair play to Ginny with his desire he’s playing for his shirt in a fast approaching season , let’s not forget we were playing dirty Leeds after all 

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I wonder how it will go against Man United?

Haha assuming you mean those two, good point! Not sure the players have any beef like some of ours do but it is an odd match up for a friendly.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

That's not the rules.

You can't two foot someone and have their ankle hanging by a thread and have the ref screaming at the crippled player "1997! Someone for your club two footed someone. Play on!!!" Lol

Edited by rodders0223

Â