John McGinn

PompeyVillan

4 hours ago, useless said:

McGinn is one of our best players, and comfortably our best midfielder that isn't a DM, or in other words that isn't Luiz. So I imagine it will be a long time before he's dropped.

I like him, but if he plays like he has played the past few games, you can bet that Sanson will get a chance.

I suspect Sanson will be the biggest winner of the sacking...

40 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We've got McGinn (Who?)

Super John McGinn

I just don't think you understand

He's erm...he's erm

[singing dissipates into confused coughing and murmurs]

Bugger.

Now what?

Stevie G...?

Oh I don't know, that'll take some getting used to.

I think he’s an excellent midfielder, but I think if he’s guilty of anything it’s trying to be too many things at once. He does well in a more advanced role, but he can’t also be box to box, and a centre mid, and a defensive mid… I hope the new manager can work out what his best role is and make him stick to it.

Just now, alreadyexists said:

I think he’s an excellent midfielder, but I think if he’s guilty of anything it’s trying to be too many things at once. He does well in a more advanced role, but he can’t also be box to box, and a centre mid, and a defensive mid… I hope the new manager can work out what his best role is and make him stick to it.

Agreed.  He's a ball carrier for me, one of the very few that does it.  The bonus is that he has a decent shot too.  He should be the player that gets the ball from Luiz/whoever, takes it up the pitch and distributes to Bailey/Buendia/Ings/Watkins/whoever.

Just now, bobzy said:

Agreed.  He's a ball carrier for me, one of the very few that does it.  The bonus is that he has a decent shot too.  He should be the player that gets the ball from Luiz/whoever, takes it up the pitch and distributes to Bailey/Buendia/Ings/Watkins/whoever.

Yeah I agree. I think he lacks focus and discipline (in terms of trying to do too much) and although I am very fond of him I do think we would benefit for him to be told exactly what to do by the new boss, and exactly what not to do I think. 

On 08/11/2021 at 00:57, Tom13 said:

Yeah. Nothing from McGinn, Targett or Cash yet. Maybe tomorrow?

Targett replied to a the villa tweet of the video thanking Smith so not everyone may have seen it 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'm not learning more words in a few years. "He's the current gaffer's man..." :D 

Maybe need to generalise more, what if we don't have a current gaffer.

Also, we really should check on John Mcginns nouns and  pronouns. 

How about, "they are the currently recognised head of teams selections preferred person".

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

One of the best things hopefully coming from a new manager is that the crazy favouritism Mcginn gets is over. 

But then again thanks to the poor summer window we had there's not alot of alternatives. 

He’s still one of the first names on the team sheet. That won’t change until we sign at least one central midfielder. 

I like McGinn both as a player but especially as a person, genuinely seems a good bloke. It’s hard for me to say this but wouldn’t be massively bothered if Newcastle came in for him in Jan, think we could cope without him and have Newcastle’s trousers down at the same time. They will be desperate, think we could get £30 odd million for him. He’s the type of player they will look at and their fans would welcome it, if they thought they were getting one over on us.

Â