John McGinn

PompeyVillan

10 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

One bad game out of 9 is not inconsistent

Against Watford couldn't track back for their first goal and they played through him for their second goal, the whole of our midfield didn't turn up. It took us one hour to get to grips with them...

Spurs and Arsenal he was also non-existent. Against Spurs he gave the ball away in critical areas and again particularly for Arsenal's third McGinn gave the ball away.

As I said he's woefully inconsistent. Villa are thirteenth in the table because we have been inconsistent.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Against Watford couldn't track back for their first goal and they played through him for their second goal, the whole of our midfield didn't turn up. It took us one hour to get to grips with them...

Spurs and Arsenal he was also non-existent. Against Spurs he gave the ball away in critical areas and again particularly for Arsenal's third McGinn gave the ball away.

As I said he's woefully inconsistent. Villa are thirteenth in the table because we have been inconsistent.

He was our best player against watford and scored a great goal. He had a decent game against spurs imo but i'll agree was woeful against arsenal. 

At least you are consistent in your posts. Drivel.

14 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

He was our best player against watford and scored a great goal. He had a decent game against spurs imo but i'll agree was woeful against arsenal. 

At least you are consistent in your posts. Drivel.

Re: Watford we were 3-0 down after 70 minutes...best player in a team that was 3-0 down. Yay for standards, you are easily pleased...

I'm not the only one who is saying this, see the posts before yours and mine. So there is further consistency for you!

Still maintain three to four poor games including the aforesaid defeats against Watford, Tottenham and Arse.

Guess some enjoy mediocrity....touché.

15 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Re: Watford we were 3-0 down after 70 minutes...best player in a team that was 3-0 down. Yay for standards, you are easily pleased...

I'm not the only one who is saying this, see the posts before yours and mine. So there is further consistency for you!

Still maintain three to four poor games including the aforesaid defeats against Watford, Tottenham and Arse.

Guess some enjoy mediocrity....touché.

You admit he was our best player v watford. What's he supposed to do? Win the game on his own? Your criticism for the other 10 is very quiet.

He's been our best player this season yet he's the one you choose to villify whenever possible. I say our, but i dont actually believe you support villa at all.

23 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

You admit he was our best player v watford. What's he supposed to do? Win the game on his own? Your criticism for the other 10 is very quiet.

He's been our best player this season yet he's the one you choose to villify whenever possible. I say our, but i dont actually believe you support villa at all.

So let me get this straight, if I don't care for any of our players I'm not a Villa fan? Seriously? That is kind of warped.

Don't forget to call out all the other people on this thread as non-villa fans too for their criticism of McGinn?

Please note I've never once said I dislike him or hate him, in fact I've done the opposite I do like him. I dislike his inconsistency.

2 hours ago, AV82 said:

John you're captain, a pretty fine player and a hustling midfielder. Show for the **** ball and drive forward.

Was he Captain? Oh...

To be fairl he wasn't our worst player tonight but also didn't show much apart from the odd floaty pass.

The last five or six comments sum up his level of inconsistency unfortunately but that's why we are a midtable team.

To get into the top ten you need to dominate midfield, we don't!

A superior midfield acquisition should have been our main target in the summer not acquiring a third and fourth right-winger!

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

I know this is a unpopular opinion but I’ve thought for a while that he’s part of our midfield problem. 

He’s not technically gifted enough to a 10, not defensively minded enough to be a 6, and though he runs his bollocks off he’s not tactically astute enough to be a 8. 

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

I know this is a unpopular opinion but I’ve thought for a while that he’s part of our midfield problem. 

He’s not technically gifted enough to a 10, not defensively minded enough to be a 6, and though he runs his bollocks off he’s not tactically astute enough to be a 8. 

he's been part of the problem since promotion, he can be quality but most of the time he is inconsistent and I still have no idea what position him or Luiz are meant to play.

Luiz gets dropped, McGinn doesn't, and no idea why.

• Like 2

Â