John McGinn

PompeyVillan

13 minutes ago, Dick said:

2.7m?

There’s been a few figures getting banded about,  we apparently valued him at £4m but we were owe St Mirren a 33% sell on fee,  if we got the £4m I think that would take our fee down to about £2.7m so i suspect that’s where that figure comes from.

St Mirren apparently confirmed the sale of SJM has meant they’ve now beaten they’re previous record sale fee which I think was £1m so the fee must have been between £3-4m

• Like 1

Just now, Hibsfan said:

There’s been a few figures getting banded about,  we apparently valued him at £4m but we were owe St Mirren a 33% sell on fee,  if we got the £4m I think that would take our fee down to about £2.7m so i suspect that’s where that figure comes from.

St Mirren apparently confirmed the sale of SJM has meant they’ve now beaten they’re previous record sale fee which I think was £1m so the fee must have been between £3-4m

Bargain whatever the cost.

Sigh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

A steal going by what we've witnessed so far!

(Not rubbing it in)

Ah I know you're not mate. He had a year left on his contract so we could have got nothing at all soon enough. Wigan at home this early isn't big game in relation to the season; wait until the business end when you're up against a title rival away. The bigger the game the bigger the performance is how SJM works. To use an old phrase: you ain't seen nothing yet!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hibsfan said:

Getting all emotional reading this.

Our boy done good......

(Surprised to read his set pieces were good,  they weren’t the best for us ha ha)

Your boy done real good. 

Fantastic debut - he was everywhere in that 2nd half  - that block he put in towards the end was sublime. (I am almost embarrassed how good he was - as I know we have some hibs fans on here !) 

For the old farts on here - he reminded me of Steve Mcmahon

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Looks born to wear the claret and blue. At long last a proper box to box midfielder. 

Think him Grealish and Hourihane in home games will see us score a lot of goals 

It's the McGinns, the Huttons, and The Chesters of the football world which make Aston Villa what I know today.

The Ginolas, Mersons,  Grealishes and so on I love too but they are just the icing!

Knew nothing about him before he was signing.

However will reiterate Hibernian fans comments on him, their support, well wishes, admiration, and his little performance today have me a bit tingly for the weird looking Scottish f#cker.

Got a good feeling about him.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Â