John McGinn

PompeyVillan

I think if McGinn can burst through the middle it will really add to our attacking play, which hasn’t been particularly inventive. Defenders don’t like players who run directly at them, particularly in the middle of the goal. He can apparently also pick a pass so Hogan running channels may particularly benefit from this. Get Snoddy back and along with The Scottish Cafu they can form a frightening, marauding, Scottish mafia clan!

It’s also good he will have a few Jocks around him to help him feel more at home. He’s still only 23. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SuperJohnMcGinn said:

The other positive about McGinn as well is he has a full pre season, 3 Europa League games and 1 league game under his belt and he's been in probably his best ever form at the start of this season so he'll be ready to hit the ground running.

Really appreciate the effort to come on here and help us understand the player. Thank you.

On 09/08/2018 at 18:07, CosmicVillan said:

So ....does he start Vs Wigan ?

Good question. But who do you drop to make room?

I say Grealish. 

I mean I love the man but I dont want him getting too comfortable and he had a bad game against Hull, send the lad a message.

Just kidding :) I do wonder whose slot he will take though.

25 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

I have completed my research and concur that he is exactly like Hourihane. Only, with no EFL experience. Bruce must really think that Lansbury and Thor are utterly useless. Despite most evidence being to the contrary.

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

He is still developing so is an unknown quantity at your level. Mentally very strong and on his day can pass the ball superbly. 

It was always assumed especially by Smeltic that he would go there so no other Scottish Clubs came in ( apart from the huns  nobody else could afford him) and although he had talks with Bournemouth he chose Villa.......wanted to join a big club?

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 1

Â