John McGinn

PompeyVillan

5 hours ago, CosmicVillan said:

So ....does he start Vs Wigan ?

100% hope so..one of my best mates from Manila..massive Hibs fan has raved about McGinn for a while now and felt it was only a matter of time before he got snapped up..delighted it was by us..I think he has to start and will link up really well with Grealish, this is just the sort of signing we have been crying out for! UTV! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, hippo said:

Think he might take a while to settle - certainly seems up for it though.

As long as his feet don't get blistered #hereshoping. 

12 hours ago, Paul33 said:

Sounds like Hourihane was and sounds like Lansbury was and sounds like Bjarnason was ...... just praying that Bruce doesn't destroy this one too !!!

Not sure about this. Grealish has done ok, Hourihane has bags of goals and assists. Bjarnason hasn't failed. Lansbury hasn't done much, granted. Our major problems under Bruce are being one paced, no direction and odd tactical choices, plus the fear of a high line, space and pushing up.

2 minutes ago, Dick said:

Not sure about this. Grealish has done ok, Hourihane has bags of goals and assists. Bjarnason hasn't failed. Lansbury hasn't done much, granted. Our major problems under Bruce are being one paced, no direction and odd tactical choices, plus the fear of a high line, space and pushing up.

Otherwise known as Bruceball.

5 hours ago, Villa Mick said:

I think we just accept that McGinn is a class above the rest of our players and deserves to be playing at a higher level and after winning the Scottish Cup for Hibs (for the first time since 1902) there really wasn’t much else he could realistically achieve with us!

I guess it’s a little different with Grealish because we hope he can take villa back to the premier league!

Still, a classy send off.

12 hours ago, Paul33 said:

Sounds like Hourihane was and sounds like Lansbury was and sounds like Bjarnason was ...... just praying that Bruce doesn't destroy this one too !!!

Hope he plays him and hourihane, and destroys him to the same number of goals as hourihane got last season. 

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

One way to look at it is Adama moving to another club has paid for this transfer essentially thanks to the clause we added. 

And covering the  Nyland transfer. And we kept Grealish. All in all, we have had worse days haven't we?

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

So do any of our new Hibs friends have any songs for McGinn we could use/steal?

We’ve got McGinn

Super John McGinn

i just don’t think you understand 

He’s Steve Bruce’s man

He’s better than Zidane

We’ve got super John McGinn!

That was his song from Hibs but with Alan Stubbs instead of Steve Bruce obviously 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Or Onomah 

Well, yeah, but I don't know what Onomaah is supposed to do, as every game I've seen him he's done nothing. 

For all his limitations, Thor is clearly the nearest thing we had to a box to box midfielder. 

Actually, I guess that makes him a decent alternative if McGinn is unavailable, so better to lose Lansbury. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SuperJohnMcGinn said:

The other positive about McGinn as well is he has a full pre season, 3 Europa League games and 1 league game under his belt and he's been in probably his best ever form at the start of this season so he'll be ready to hit the ground running.

good to hear. no need to keep him under wraps then...

UNLEASH THE DJINN!!! *Cue Death metal solo*

9 hours ago, Khizzy said:

He can be the new Snodgrass for this season and beyond, hopefully (in that he's Scottish and Villa fans absolutely love him because he's classy!)

We already have a Scot like that ? half Scottish half Brazilian to be accurate

• Like 1

Â