John McGinn

PompeyVillan

4 hours ago, SuperJohnMcGinn said:

Don't be alarmed by the radio silence on here now from Hibs fans, we are all in mourning, the mood around E.R at the moment is like somebody has died!

In 25 years I've never been so gutted about a player moving on but that is for purely good reasons. He will be an asset to Villa and I reckon a legend one day. Couldn't be happier he's chosen to go to a huge club in England and really test himself. It also says a lot about Villa the fact that Celtic matched both Villa's offer and personal terms, John and his family are all Celtic fans and he's still chosen to sign for you guys.

There's no risk about this transfer from your end, Super John McGinn WILL be a huge success.

Just out of interest, how easy/difficult is it to get tickets for Villa Park these days? I hope you don't mind but I'm adopting Villa as my English team now and would be keen to come down for a game or two once the season is in full swing!

UTV. GGTTH.

Get down Villa Park! He sounds like a good acquisition, and energy is something we DESPERATELY need in the middle. 

Go Hibees, I doubt a Jambo would show as much class on here had we signed one of theirs.

5 hours ago, SuperJohnMcGinn said:

Don't be alarmed by the radio silence on here now from Hibs fans, we are all in mourning, the mood around E.R at the moment is like somebody has died!

In 25 years I've never been so gutted about a player moving on but that is for purely good reasons. He will be an asset to Villa and I reckon a legend one day. Couldn't be happier he's chosen to go to a huge club in England and really test himself. It also says a lot about Villa the fact that Celtic matched both Villa's offer and personal terms, John and his family are all Celtic fans and he's still chosen to sign for you guys.

There's no risk about this transfer from your end, Super John McGinn WILL be a huge success.

Just out of interest, how easy/difficult is it to get tickets for Villa Park these days? I hope you don't mind but I'm adopting Villa as my English team now and would be keen to come down for a game or two once the season is in full swing!

UTV. GGTTH.

Respect mate. Don't often read posts from other teams with good heartfelt wishes for a player they've just sold. Good luck for the season ahead. Will be keeping a close eye on hibs results.

• Like 4

Hibs fans 

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yeah, this. Hibs fans, what a top bunch going by here and twitters, too.

They really care about the lad, not only that they're humble enough to wish him success at Villa, I hope they stick around. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SuperJohnMcGinn said:

Just out of interest, how easy/difficult is it to get tickets for Villa Park these days? I hope you don't mind but I'm adopting Villa as my English team now and would be keen to come down for a game or two once the season is in full swing! UTV. GGTTH.

Pish easy, Just head over to the website & make an account https://tickets.avfc.co.uk/

99% of home games will be easy to get a ticket on general sale

Edited by LakotaDakota

Well he has certainly got rave review from the Hibees fans so will have to wait and see if he can settle down here at the Villa and add some much needed dynamism in the midfield. I think this spells the end for Lansburry's time at Villa. He has some ability but he really has no pace and does not fit Bruce's style of play. I think that was a bit of a panic buy. 

So do any of our new Hibs friends have any songs for McGinn we could use/steal?

I think any thoughts I have of using “it’s a sin” by the pet shop boys are probably better off remaining unrealised.

• Haha 2

Been a while since we had a proper box to box midfielder (that’s what I read he is). If good it can really alter the way we play, opening up different tactics and formations. Do we see him playing instead of a dm in some games? Do we see him alongside or replacing Hourihane? Does Conor push further forward with Jack playing off the striker? 

3 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I think any thoughts I have of using “it’s a sin” by the pet shop boys are probably better off remaining unrealised.

How about, "One John McGinn, there's only one John McGinn"? :lol:

Sometimes it's just written, that a player turns up and does the business - I have a good feeling about McGinn, and that is based on literally everything I have read about him, from fans and pundits. And what I like most about him, is that he doesn't tweet about avocados (ahem Bryan) AND that he goes to the Edinburgh festival. Maybe he can talk some sense into his countryman Ross. 

If he does well for Villa I think I might adopt Hibs as my Scottish team ! : )

(When I was a little kid I picked Morton but I can't remember why. Random. I followed their results as I grew up. Maybe I liked their badge, they were in one of my Panini sticker albums).

Edited by robby b

Describes himself as a 'live meatball' on his Twitter

I like it.

DSZx4l-WkAAV9dm.jpg

What does it mean?/What's the story behind it?

***EDIT***

Oh hang on, legend status confirmed

CyWOA6sXEAEarQc.jpg

I know he's from a big load of Celtic fans

Edited by 8pints
For new discovery
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

See page 10 of this thread for one stolen from the Hibee’s and actually it’s a sin is the tune used in another song about Super John McGinn, although line 2 only works in a Scottish accent.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, privateer said:

How about, "One John McGinn, there's only one John McGinn"? :lol:

We are Aston Villa. You know this will be the song. Immediately followed by a song about a long gone player before a rousing rendition of Holte Enders In The Sky. 

If you try to sing anything different or original people will eyeball you in stony silence like you are some kind of escapee from the lunatic asylum. 

Â