John McGinn

PompeyVillan

2 minutes ago, AV82 said:

I noticed at half time he was sprinting around and pinging balls over to Grealish for a good 10 minutes. Seemed very comfortable.

There's no way that story was accurate for what it was implying.

If he was injured he wouldn't be on the bench tonight. I'd have like him and Jack at home anyway tbh.

• Like 1

On 17/12/2019 at 19:51, Zatman said:

On the bench tonight after being held at gunpoint by Dean Smith

Slight overreaction here I think, McGinn has just had a dip in form after a terrific start to the season. We just need to stick with him and not get on his back, he’ll come through it stronger 

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yes we do. He was injured. Looked a bad one, the sort where you'd expect to not see him again for several months.

Per DS in his radio interview he has been taken to hospital for an x-ray so its looks bad. Completely self inflicted too with his reckless hissy fit tackle.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, sne said:

Would not be surprised if that was the season for him.

Looked really bad.

Yes less than five months now of the season left so any break and we won't seen him until August (guess that makes it more likely we'll keep him if we got relegated at least...)

He has certainly lost spark in the last six weeks. Whether that's injury or just fatigue only he knows but to be months without him now isn't a great prospect.

Would certainly imagine that will change the planning for January. He's an automatic starter. We're now firmly in the bottom 3. He needs to be replaced.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Annoyingly he got clearly fouled prior to that and the ref gave nothing. But he went into that tackle like an idiot and will have to use this is as a learning opportunity.

Annoying that if the ref had given a free kick then McGinn wouldn't have flown into that challenge. I'm not usually one to criticise refs but he really annoyed me yesterday. Seemed to slow everything down throughout the match.

Â