John McGinn

PompeyVillan

That carnage of a midfield yesterday is obviously what would have happened weeks ago if McGinn had been rested. It's like the rest of them don't have a basic understanding of where to be or what space to take up. The state of it.

This could finish us off if Jack isn't moved back to the middle immediately.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

If McGinn had been rested untill 100% fit he wouldn't have sustained the serious injury.

I always thought McGinn reminded me of bryan robson. in more ways than one it seems.

yeah, fractures from a fall are notoriously sustained through over exertion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

He got injured because of 

50% the ref - he was fouled 1 min before and it wasn't given so he went looking for revenge

but... 50% himself - even if he was wronged, don't do something as stupid as that

Nothing to do with him 'playing injured'. A tear in his thigh (or whatever it was) didn't make him go flying in needlessly on the sideline.

This is exactly what happened 

Really don't understand people blaming the knock he was carrying, or the referee for not calling the foul prior.

McGinn was injured with a combination of stupidity and bad luck.

It's a massive, massive loss. The midfield was pathetic without him yesterday. We can fix some of that by moving Grealish back inside, but we now need to prioritise a centre midfielder in January along with a striker and a winger.

What a crap weekend this has turned out to be.

• Like 1

Have to agree that while the injury was unlucky he brought it on himself a bit. I've said it before... John needs to manage his own game better. Needlessly charging around is sapping his energy and has now also contributed to a bad injury! 

Anyway get well soon John and at least it wasn't severe ligament damage! 

39 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

He got injured because of 

50% the ref - he was fouled 1 min before and it wasn't given so he went looking for revenge

but... 50% himself - even if he was wronged, don't do something as stupid as that

Nothing to do with him 'playing injured'. A tear in his thigh (or whatever it was) didn't make him go flying in needlessly on the sideline.

Agree with the bold but not going to give 50% of the blame to the ref. Players have to take responsibility, if they're wronged by the ref they shouldn't be flying into tackles like that, McGinn is now learning this the hard way.

• Like 2

A blessing I disguise hopefully ( trying to find a positive)... Midfield is unbalanced at present and just isn’t working , his enforced absence means we will have to cope without him and we should revert to 4231 as 433 isn’t working with Conor/luiz/ Nakamba rotating. Would rather McGinn was playing obviously but it’s not all doom & gloom . I also feel jack should mix between being out on the wing and central depending on the game. 

• Like 1

Get well soon Meatball! 

Hopefully his absence forces Smith to rethink the midfield. We need Jack back in the centre and a change of formation. I still believe we’ve got players good enough to stay up, but they need a formation that works better than they are currently doing (amongst other things). 

• Like 1

Just met McGinn at the King’s Head in Knowle, he was on crutches, he was smiling, I shook his hand, he seemed like a very nice, likeable chap. I said to him ‘your goal against Sheffield Wednesday was brilliant’ just to be original :) £3m we paid for him, nice one Brucey!

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Just met McGinn at the King’s Head in Knowle, he was on crutches, he was smiling, I shook his hand, he seemed like a very nice, likeable chap. I said to him ‘your goal against Sheffield Wednesday was brilliant’ just to be original :) £3m we paid for him, nice one Brucey!

Infomania-Alan-Partridge-007.jpg?width=6

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â