John McGinn

PompeyVillan

as much as i think he's a limited player, i'm personally not gonna get mad at him for what he said. he's not the best in interviews and it's understandable he might say the wrong thing in a pressure situation like that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

?

Said the players needed to ignore the fans booing… he’s not 100% wrong, but he expressed himself very poorly. 

it’s a bit strange that he’s been trotted out for this particular post-match (especially so given how tough it would be to do) when he has been typically shirking this responsibility. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

New manager needs to take captaincy off him asap. He is not and never will be captain material. 

How anyone could think he is is beyond me? He's the class clown. You don't let the class clown lead.

1 hour ago, SJM said:

Obviously, as my name suggests, I'm a bit biased...but is there a case to be made that Gerrard is the problem, and that along with the rest of the team, he'd be a different player under a better manager?

All I'm saying is that he's been absolutely brilliant for Scotland, and there's no way he'd be phoning it in for Villa - the man, if nothing else, gives everything he's got.

i think most of us would agree with that. I think a majority of us want him to become droppable and a squad player, not be guaranteed a starting xi place as that's not his level. He should be a squad player -- he has a role to play -- just not as this undroppable captain. 

• Like 1

The captaincy was something that shouldn't have been given to him in the first place. Kinda feel a bit sorry for him, he's massively gone backwards but so many players have over the past year. Only hope is a new manager restores order and gives captaincy to Ming's or Emi M.

41 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

New manager needs to take captaincy off him asap. He is not and never will be captain material. 

Not going public with it would be the most sensible thing to do. Just drop him and play a “vice captain”

Â