John McGinn

PompeyVillan

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

No qualms with him being deservedly dropped. Probably got leaked to try and improve the atmosphere tomorrow and show a clear departure from Gerrard. 

Works for me! Nothing against John but he needs bench time. Further to that when he does play, and I still believe he can be important to us, it should be in a more attacking role.

• Like 2

Just now, birdman said:

Works for me! Nothing against John but he needs bench time. Further to that when he does play, and I still believe he can be important to us, it should be in a more attacking role where he can press higher up.

Just now, birdman said:

Works for me! Nothing against John but he needs bench time. Further to that when he does play, and I still believe he can be important to us, it should be in a more attacking role.

Nothing against John but he's captain of this club and shown zero responsibility all season whilst hiding from the ball and doing everything to not receive it.

41 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Plot twist: he will still be in the team tommorow.

Much to our dismay. 

Thats not a twist 😛 

the twist is tomorrow he will be in the team taking free kicks, corner kicks, throw in and goal kicks

*he could also take penalties but we never get that far into the opposition half*

36 minutes ago, KitKat said:

If there is no McGinn or Ramsey starting then its either Luiz and Dendoncker as the 2 CMs with Watkins / Emi / Bailey ahead of them, or perhaps Sanson gets straight in to show us what we've been missing?

Any two of Luiz/Sanson/Dendoncker, then Coutinho-Buendia-Bailey behind a striker. Easy 3-0 win and everyone laughs at how our inept ex-manager played a stupid formation that completely compromised our squad. Lovely Sunday.

Would love a solid 20 mins off the bench from the lad today.

Deserves to be dropped, no doubt. It's almost pity taking him out the side, can't have been good for him playing like this every week.

Come on and snort around the pitch for a bit to see out a 2-0 win will do.

• Like 2

Well if the rumours are true he deserves to be dropped, he has been part of the problem in midfield, he needs a spell on the bench, for his own sake! Nice enough bloke, just think it will do him good!

11 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Any two of Luiz/Sanson/Dendoncker, then Coutinho-Buendia-Bailey behind a striker. Easy 3-0 win and everyone laughs at how our inept ex-manager played a stupid formation that completely compromised our squad. Lovely Sunday.

Will Coutinho-Buendia-Bailey suddenly be great together because it’s a 4231? Hope so because we need points.

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Would love a solid 20 mins off the bench from the lad today.

Deserves to be dropped, no doubt. It's almost pity taking him out the side, can't have been good for him playing like this every week.

Come on and snort around the pitch for a bit to see out a 2-0 win will do.

I think its good man management move to take him out (I assume he has been told and not some Gerrard/Mings situation)

I do think now the clown has gone a poor performance and the fans will go for McGinn so think its good to take him out of the firing line

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

I am ok with McGinn being dropped, Ramsey not so much.

That boy has talent, and could flourish with the right manager/coach.

Ramsey on the bench for a game or two could be a good re-set. Don’t think he’s being dropped indefinitely, that would be insane.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Will Coutinho-Buendia-Bailey suddenly be great together because it’s a 4231? Hope so because we need points.

Yes I’d say so. Or if not great, still three very talented international players who have delivered multiple years of high goals/assists for their teams, and could actually play in their proper positions for us for the first time.

13 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Did we ever find out why exactly Gerrard was so obsessed with starting him every single week despite frequently being the worst player on the pitch?

He's the closest thing to the way Gerrard used to play in the club, the all action midfielder. Obviously 'closest' is a subjective term, but still. I don't think he could justify not playing the player he felt closest affinity to. He also (probably rightly) felt McGinn was one of the better players, potentially, in the club that was always going to run himself into the ground.

Then once he made him captain he made a rod for his back because dropping him for his form makes a mockery of both his being captain and the decision itself, so he **** himself.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, calcifer said:

Well if the rumours are true he deserves to be dropped, he has been part of the problem in midfield, he needs a spell on the bench, for his own sake! Nice enough bloke, just think it will do him good!

What rumours?!? 

24 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Did we ever find out why exactly Gerrard was so obsessed with starting him every single week despite frequently being the worst player on the pitch?

Because he was a stubborn clueless clown

Â