Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Is he really 6'4"?

He looks shorter than that.

I was thinking that. He came and signed photos after the last home game and looked like a strip of piss to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

I was thinking that. He came and signed photos after the last home game and looked like a strip of piss to be honest. 

No way is he 6.4, he stood next to Hutton while he signed my kids autograph books and he was the same height as him pretty much. 6-1, maybe 6-2 at best and yea, no meat on him at all.

Finally saw the goals and he is only at fault for one goal the free-kick. 2nd goal hits the pitch and deceives him and the 4th goal he was trying start a quick counter attack to get us back in the game and was intercepted

4 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

I am unconvinced by him, however Orjan's job is made harder by the so called "defence" that is in front of him. But  I do not think he will be in goal for us by the new year, I am guessing we will resort to Bunn (if fit). 

Waahey! Is it 2015/16 already?! 

As a Norwegian I've watched him loads and while I never rated him highly, he certainly is a lot better than the impression people have of him so far. Give him a bit of time with an established defence and you would see him in a different light. 

• Like 1

Our defense definitely isn't last year's quality, but we are acting like they are shit when they are not. Nyland's mistakes have been responsible for 4 of our 11 goals this season. That isn't a debate. His errors caused those goals, and I am not counting the Jedinak back pass. You take away those 4 errors, and our 7 goals conceded is just about a goal a game which is decent. 

7 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Our defense definitely isn't last year's quality, but we are acting like they are shit when they are not. Nyland's mistakes have been responsible for 4 of our 11 goals this season. That isn't a debate. His errors caused those goals, and I am not counting the Jedinak back pass. You take away those 4 errors, and our 7 goals conceded is just about a goal a game which is decent. 

I think you are right CZ but I think we are sharing the errors around. I haven't gone back to look but off the top of my head I know Jedi has been at fault for a couple, Axel for a few and Chester for 1. It's a bad trait to have because we are consistently gifting other teams goals with individual errors rather than making them score good goals. It's something we did for years in the slow death towards relegation from the PL and also under RDM. One of the good things Bruce did do was largely cut that out but the really careless approach to the defense with this summers transfer business has brought it back with a vengeance. 

• 2 weeks later...

He has the raw attributes to be very good. He is clearly struggling with confidence. Our poor defence does not help.

He will come good but he needs our support. We are much too quick to form an opinion. Let’s get behind him.

Going to give him more time before I form an opinion of him. Even with the very best of keepers it takes them time to settle. You also have to consider he has Jedinak in front of him.

Â