Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

5 hours ago, roonst83 said:

He’s shit. And the defence have no confidence in him 

There are people that actually think he is a good goalkeeper and that we are strong defensively, apart from centre back.

I must be missing something because this guy is a League 2 keeper at best and if he is our first choice then we have serious, serious issues. Not a chance of top 6 with him in goal, no matter who the manager is.

That said, hopefully a new manager can come in and a, get rid of this clown and b, loan a new, half decent goalkeeper.

Awful.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, bobzy said:

I don't see what he did that bad today?  Thought their goal took a deflection?

A deflection doesn't give a keeper a free pass when it's deflected right next to him, and besides that, goalkeeping is more than shot stopping and he clearly, if you've seen us this season, let's us down when it comes to commanding his area and claiming crosses.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

22 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

McGinn says hi, I know you’re only joking :)

To be fair we have just sacked most of the recruitment team, so whilst a joke it's funny coz it's true. 

Nyland had some very sketchy moments yesterday, but given the lack of organisation in general some of that can be excused by not knowing what's going on in front of him. He has shown some good shot stopping over the past few weeks, there might be a player there but why were we so keen to get rid of what we had for Nyland? If he was a totally amazeballs keeper then fair enough but he's not exactly hit the ground running....

• Like 1

Â