Thierry Henry

TRO

31 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

World class players performing at the highest level. It's Henry's natural environment. The Championship ain't. 

I never said it was. I was merely making a point that the Belgium players seemed to have an affinity with Henry.  If this was Villa making their usual rash decision then we would be signing him as our main striker

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I never said it was. I was merely making a point that the Belgium players seemed to have an affinity with Henry.  If this was Villa making their usual rash decision then we would be signing him as our main striker

For the record I think he would make a great number 2.... If he's the number 1 then he needs an excellent number 2 etc. If he has a few quid to spend then he may be able to attract a better class of player. Thank god Wilshire has already gone to West Ham

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Amazing that none of the other sources in the UK have ran with it. To my knowledge, the Daily Star and Alan Nixon the only ones telling us it’ll happen. You’d think they’d all be all over it with it being reported in Italy. Crap jerknalists. 

Could easily be the other way round though, Sky and the Gazzetta could be running with a reworded Daily Star article...

Gazzetta is worded like Henry has agreed and will be the manager though. We should know if it's bollocks by this time tomorrow.

I don't get the personal stuff against Henry, one of the best players I ever paid to go and see, wathced him at Villa Park and at Highbury quite a few times. Just an amazing talent, privilege to have seen him play. He clearly has some tactical nouse, which working day in day out with players he should be able to express better. As others have said the team he brings with him will be very interesting and I'd expect a DOF appointment along with CEO very soon too if they are making funds available for players....

EXCITEMENT

• Like 4

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

If we do appoint Henry, would it be socially acceptable to get HENRY 14 on the back of a shirt? Asking for a friend...

If your, I mean your friend's name is Henry then fine.

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Gathering pace...

Well that's nonsensical. 

How can Henry be one the verge of accepting a job if the decision on Bruce is still to be made. If Henry has an offer to accept they must have already decided he's gone! 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, romavillan said:

I don't get the personal stuff against Henry

It’s really bizarre. Anyone with an ounce of love for the game would have nothing but admiration for the way he played it.

I guess haters will always hate. 

Edit: removed the professional part. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Well that's nonsensical. 

How can Henry be one the verge of accepting a job if the decision on Bruce is still to be made. If Henry has an offer to accept they must have already decided he's gone! 

Maybe they are considering 2 managers. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s really bizarre. Anyone with an ounce of love for the game would have nothing but admiration for the way he played it and always conducted himself as a professional. 

Other than when he cheated against Ireland.

Edit: I’ll caveat that with the fact I’ve got nothing against Henry. But if I were Irish I definitely would and we do have a lot of Irish fans.

Edited by Spoony

34 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

For the record I think he would make a great number 2.... 

I made a great number 2 this morning. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s really bizarre. Anyone with an ounce of love for the game would have nothing but admiration for the way he played it and always conducted himself as a professional. 

559328-22472465-2560-1440.jpg&f=1

Sure we should give Henry the job til Christmas. And if villa look like they are in trouble they can go out and get an old school experienced manager who has had a record of getting teams promoted. Wonder what that Steve Bruce guy will be up to.......

5 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Other than when he cheated against Ireland.

Edit: I’ll caveat that with the fact I’ve got nothing against Henry. But if I were Irish I definitely would and we do have a lot of Irish fans.

I don’t think they hate Henry. They hate the officials in that game. 

Even Henry was shocked he got away with it. 

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

And all the other teams he dived and cheated against. 

I didn’t think he was that bad at all. 

I’m pretty surprised by the amount of dislike for Henry. Even with the handball thing - let it **** go. Jesus. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I get why it's such a big deal for our Irish Villa fans to a degree.

It would be no different if Maradona where appointed as a manager somewhere in England.

I'm Irish and never cared, the referee should have bore more of the brunt of the criticism.

• Thanks 1