Time for a takeover

Jareth

17 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Xia was holding out for the best deal for HIM, he got lucky. These guys found him, not the other way round. If holding out for the right ones, was literally a day before Administration then yes I guess so. He could of and should of done something sooner. Wyness is a p**ck, however Xia hasn't been too clever either. So he doesn't get a pass from me. I can't wait for the new guys to take full control. 

You type that as if you know the man's mind, but you don't (unless you are him?). It would be poor business by any businessperson to do a deal that was bad for him/her. He has admitted he is a businessman and you or I shouldn't be surprised by that. I'd have less respect for him if he didn't. He has managed his oversight of the club very poorly, but doesn't mean he shouldn't sell what is best for him and the club.

How do you know the guys found him?

You say we were a day away from administration but where is the evidence to prove that? We all know the situation isn't great but we don't know the real truth unless we get to look at the books. Are you in a position to do that?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Xia was holding out for the best deal for HIM, he got lucky. These guys found him, not the other way round. If holding out for the right ones, was literally a day before Administration then yes I guess so. He could of and should of done something sooner. Wyness is a p**ck, however Xia hasn't been too clever either. So he doesn't get a pass from me. I can't wait for the new guys to take full control. 

You don't know anything and never have. 

12 minutes ago, eholm said:

Don’t understand your reference to Lerner. He is looked on more favourably now as his only fault was failing to continue further investment in the Club. Under his tutelage we never mortgaged our assets to survive on a monthly basis, never re-negotiated incoming transfer fees down by selling them to a bank to enable an earlier cash payment and he definitely never took us to the brink of Administration within a matter of hours!! 

Lerner failed in regards to improving us and then realised it was too much for him. Lerner didn’t fail in regards to the day to day operating of the Club. Massive difference. 

I kind of admire your willingness to try and see the good in everyone, however, Xia gambled our whole existence on money that was never his and lost. Please don’t tell me he had our best interests at heart. 

I’m not seeing the good in him or thinking he has our best interests at heart. I’m all saying he is may have pulled off the best thing thats happened to the club for years. Whether he did it for the club or not I don’t care. 

Apparently every decision Lerner made was for the benefit of the club and it lead to a steady demise. Believe me if Lerner didn’t have Premier League tv money we would have been bankrupt a long time ago. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m not seeing the good in him or thinking he has our best interests at heart. I’m all saying he is may have done pulled off the best thing that happened to the club. Whether he did it for the club or not I don’t. 

Apparently every decision Lerner made was for the benefit of the club and it lead to a steady demise. Believe me if Lerner didn’t have Premier League tv money we would have been bankrupt a long time ago. 

Well mate we can at least agree on one thing there in that Xia may have fluked the best takeover ever. Let’s hope he has ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m not seeing the good in him or thinking he has our best interests at heart. I’m all saying he is he may have pulled off the best thing thats happened to the club for years. Whether he did it for the club or not I don’t care. 

williams.jpg

• Haha 4

Let’s all pretend for a moment after the playoff final we retreated to a Tibetan mountain cut off from the world and returned today. 

No sales but no signing. A bit of a concern but not end of the world. Wyness and Round gone. Good news. Potential New billionaire owners - superb news. 

It’s all good baby! :)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, villianusa said:

You type that as if you know the man's mind, but you don't (unless you are him?). It would be poor business by any businessperson to do a deal that was bad for him/her. He has admitted he is a businessman and you or I shouldn't be surprised by that. I'd have less respect for him if he didn't. He has managed his oversight of the club very poorly, but doesn't mean he shouldn't sell what is best for him and the club.

How do you know the guys found him?

You say we were a day away from administration but where is the evidence to prove that? We all know the situation isn't great but we don't know the real truth unless we get to look at the books. Are you in a position to do that?

I don't actually need to answer these, you'll either have to believe me or not (as the case it and that's fine)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Fair enough.

I'm just happy it seems to have worked out for us.

I really can't be arsed with more negativity right now.

Can we have even a day without it?

Totally happy to celebrate the good news and look to the future. Come on Villa!!

• Like 1

Anyone got any idea about how these 2 got together / know each other? Seems either could have bought us on their own. Wes (first names for my new pals) has some sports involvement, but not that much that he would be an expert brought in to help out. Have they done stuff together before? 

6 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

I don't actually need to answer these, you'll either have to believe me or not (as the case it and that's fine)

No disrespect to you meant, but I like to see evidence of stuff before I believe most things. Not saying you don't know these things, just wondering how you know theses things without giving sources away.

Â