Time for a takeover

Jareth

If a takeover happens in the very near future, does that mean we do not have to sell players as we will have a cash injection?

Sure hope so, other than the leeches we have rotting away in the background that is.

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Seems an appropriate time to ask. Would you rather the new mega rich arabian fella -

A) Throw it all at promotion with two fingers up at FFP come what may

<---------------------------------------------------  This bit here Sell Grealish,  Try and keep Kodjia but sell if the right bid comes in.  Under no circumstances sell Chester. Use money                                                                                                                                                                                                                        from Grealish for a replacement and do same with Kodjia if we sell.

B - sell Grealish and Chester and Kodjia and build sustainably?

Edited by Stuartc445
The spacing upset my OCD

This bloke isnt likely to be mega rich unfortunately!

If he were why would he buy us?

What we are is a sound investment, a good chance to turn around a failing business, and will attract a buyer who will reflect that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheEgo said:

What's in the press is true. Let's face it, anything is good news over Xia. 

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

Ignore the Al Futtaim link it's just a wind up.

Middle East link is true then? :detect: 

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Nothing to suggest its them - some has just google 'rich arab'  

Someone with that level of wealth would just a prem club 

I'm not in anyway saying this is true or that i'm believing it as i'm adopting a believe it when i see it approach,  But you'd have said that about Fosun before they brought Wolves.

If that is the group from Al Futtaim they own alot of franchises in a number of industrys.Toyota dealers and lexus etc hardwares,homewares,and I think involved with ikea.Very big in retail.In UAE,Asia and Africa very very big brand.

Edited by ozvilla28
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Feel like we might need to make this a sticky at the top of the VillaTalk page.

Thanks for posting this.

Unfortunately it makes me angry for a few reasons.

We're going to lose Grealish for one, a sad indictment of how low things are.

Then you've got the whole FFP thing, which by design is meant to be a preventative measure which as far as I can see is only aiding our demise, so a sad indictment on football if there's any truth to that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Okonokos said:

Twitter saying press conference called for 2pm tomorrow on BeIn Sports.

Salt and pinch.

If that is true, very unlikely it is Futtaim, UAE investment.

As mentioned before, BEIN is a Qatari company and you may or may not know that their is a big rift between Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Egypt.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've never understood this view regarding Villa.

Being megarich, and getting Villa to it's peak potential would be an incredible investment I would feel.

Basically the whole Birmingham area and development, plus fanbase and history etc.

What made Wolves a better investment than us ffs?

A few things, firstly the price was cheaper, second they had the Mendes link plus didn't have the ticking time bomb that was the parachute payments running out with a load of overpaid unusable shite in the bomb squad.  

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If that is true, very unlikely it is Futtaim, UAE investment.

As mentioned before, BEIN is a Qatari company and you may or may not know that their is a big rift between Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Egypt.

Sorry, it's not true. I saw after I posted that it was just some idiot on Twitter on a wind up.

• Like 1

Megarich become megarich by buying low and selling high.

Distressed businesses are brilliant if you have the know how of how to run them properly and turn them around.

If you bought Man Utd now it would cost you a shed load of money to buy and be much harder to earn multiples from as very rich and clever people have already been pushing the brand as hard as they can.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

Â