Going Under ?

hippo

13 minutes ago, terrytini said:

If you are saying something like Ellis was hugely flawed, damaging, and ultimately responsible for us never joining the Big 4/6, but at least had some good points and left us a respected, if slightly dilapidated, Club ..........whereas since then has been an unmitigated disaster...I agree.

Forget joining big 4/6

Look at what he did to us when we were number 1 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Forget joining big 4/6

Look at what he did to us when we were number 1 

That’s what I meant mate, that was the chance, then there were 2 others he blew as well.

2 minutes ago, MrDuck said:

This thread is basically 17 pages of speculation based on no known facts at all, yes? Or have I missed something?

No I think you’ve pretty much summed it up there. Not too dissimilar to most other threads, but we all need our fix!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, supermon said:

This might be a stupid question but what's the point of new owners if FFP is still an issue. Presume we still have the same problems next year even if a filthy rich Man City like owner came in

New owners get some leeway if FFP if I'm right. Hence why Xia was allowed to throw the cash when we had the Randy overhang. Might be wrong so don't quote me on that.

36 minutes ago, MrDuck said:

This thread is basically 17 pages of speculation based on no known facts at all, yes? Or have I missed something?

The only thing you missed out was how by about p15 it drifted off to a discussion of Doug Ellis’s time at the club. That probably wins the prize for irrelevancy. 

2 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Well, here are the facts as we know them:

1. Our CEO has been suspended. We are not sure why. It is probably because of something he did, or possibly something he didn't do. It may be a combination of both.
  2. We owe HMRC some money. We are not sure why - it may be something to do with tax. We don't know how much but £4.2m has been bandied around. The club has said that they expect to pay a substantial amount off in the next 24/48 hours. We don't know if that means that the amount is substantial or if we are only paying off a substantial proportion of it. Some people are taking it as the latter. They may be correct, or not. 
  3. Our owner is in China and hasn't said anything yet.
  4. People are actively losing their shit. This is probably an appropriate reaction, but it may not be, we don't know.

I hope that clarifies everything.

**EDIT** Additional information. Stan Collymore swears a lot

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Well, here are the facts as we know them:

1. Our CEO has been suspended. We are not sure why. It is probably because of something he did, or possibly something he didn't do. It may be a combination of both.

2. we owe HMRC some money. We are not sure why - it may be something to do with tax. We don't know how much but £4.2m has been bandied around. The club has said that they expect to pay a substantial amount off in the next 24/48 hours. We don't know if that means that the amount is substantial or if we are only paying off a substantial proportion of it. Some people are taking it as the latter. They may be correct, or not. 

3. Our owner is in China and hasn't said anything yet.

4. People are actively losing their shit. This is probably an appropriate reaction, but it may not be, we don't know.

I hope that clarifies everything.

I appreciate that something could be up - no smoke without fire an all that - but doesn't seem too much point worrying about it until we know more, and some of the speculation is pretty wild for so little evidence!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MrDuck said:

I appreciate that something could be up - no smoke without fire an all that - but doesn't seem too much point worrying about it until we know more, and some of the speculation is pretty wild for so little evidence!

But but but, the internet.... we. must. over. react. immediately. without. getting. the. facts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I have to say, this news is making my heart sink. We need a Steve Stride helmed consortium to finally put things in order. IMO, we can't risk selling to another gambler, we need sensible stewardship from actual Villa people who have a long term vision for getting back to the top flight and staying there. We don't need promises of Champions League glory, we just need lasting competence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

No not national as we are now too much of an irrelevance in football. A local laughing stock perhaps.  I expect to see some statement tomorrow as to say nothing just creates a vaccum for any media outlet to say anything really. 

How do you come to that conclusion when the Times, Telegraph and Daily Mail have all been going big with this story? 

Â