Going Under ?

hippo

Can we stop being bought out by people with mystery wealth please... There is sweet **** all on this guy anywhere online aside from he has a portfolio of shares in Baseball teams. Is this guy worth a lot of money? Is it so hard to get a potential owner that is like "I am worth $20+ billion and my favourite hobby is spending money", it's the least we deserve after all of this shit.. 

2 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Can we stop being bought out by people with mystery wealth please... There is sweet **** all on this guy anywhere online aside from he has a portfolio of shares in Baseball teams. Is this guy worth a lot of money? Is it so hard to get a potential owner that is like "I am worth $20+ billion and my favourite hobby is spending money", it's the least we deserve after all of this shit.. 

Obviously there is very little evidence that anything is actually going to come of this but it would be nice to be owned by someone competent at running a sporting organisation. Being a billionaire would be a nice bonus but get the first bit right.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daweii said:

he's not on forbes 2018 billionaire list (and thats in $)

randy is still on there, ranked 1999, worth $1.1bn, so this guy has less than him

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

He was at an Arsenal game in April but was there for research into setting up a USL team in Memphis. Maybe he seen the potential.

Arsene Wenger announced he was leaving Arsenal 20/4... this bloke is at arsenal in April :detect:.. it’s happening guys... both had a chat a see us as the perfect project... champions of Europe in 3 years

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, villa4europe said:

he's not on forbes 2018 billionaire list (and thats in $)

randy is still on there, ranked 1999, worth $1.1bn, so this guy has less than him

Sounds inspiring.. I know money isn't everything, but it kinda is once you reach a certain level in this sport. Then again a guy with modest wealth is better than Xia right now who can't spend whatever wealth he has. 

14 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Wealth is completely unnecessary. Can’t use it anyway. We need commitment, dedication, and intelligence.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I for one welcome the inevitable introduction of the so called ‘moneyball’ approach so popular in Major League Baseball. Surely this has never been tried in English football and will be a overnight runaway success.

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Wealth is completely unnecessary. Can’t use it anyway. We need commitment, dedication, and intelligence.

I agree. For as long as I can remember we've been wedded to short-term thinking, with absolutely no consistent plan or philosophy in place. Until we sort that out we'll never really improve our fortunes significantly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

I always find it sad (and I guess a little funny) how the same old myths and revisionism about Ellis get pumped out whenever things are looking bad with whoever our current owner is.

because the problem is we always thought we had hit the basement.....but in reality, we have found 2 floors below.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, terrytini said:

which all goes out the window when he appoints a gold old english "football man" to help him

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Times crossword is fiendishly difficult. 

giphy.gif

Across
1 Betroths
5 Barbel
9 Olive Drab
11 Taxed
12 Lorelei
13 Tuneful
14 Hypochondriac
16 Magna Cum Laude
20 Overall
21 Santa Fe
23 Idiom
24 Top Drawer
25 Mutual
26 Streusel

Down
1 Brolly
2 Trier
3 Overlap
4 Heroic Couplet
6 Attuned
7 Box Office
8 Lady Luck
10 Bottomless Pit
14 Hygienist
15 Emporium
17 Anaemia
18 Unnerve
19 Petrol
22 As Was

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

because the problem is we always thought we had hit the basement.....but in reality, we have found 2 floors below.

If you are saying something like Ellis was hugely flawed, damaging, and ultimately responsible for us never joining the Big 4/6, but at least had some good points and left us a respected, if slightly dilapidated, Club ..........whereas since then has been an unmitigated disaster...I agree.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Sounds inspiring.. I know money isn't everything, but it kinda is once you reach a certain level in this sport. Then again a guy with modest wealth is better than Xia right now who can't spend whatever wealth he has. 

Yes, but we aren’t near that level. We don’t need money we need managing properly.

• Like 1

The problem with a wealthy owner it seems ( under Randy and Xia) is that the club operates it such a way that said rich owner can just put his hand in pocket to bail us out ..so you know what perhaps a less wealthy owner with intelligent people making decisions might be the way to go 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

If you are saying something like Ellis was hugely flawed, damaging, and ultimately responsible for us never joining the Big 4/6, but at least had some good points and left us a respected, if slightly dilapidated, Club ..........whereas since then has been an unmitigated disaster...I agree.

Never thought I would as I was merrily marching to oust him.....We all have moments to reflect.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I think we’ll just lurch from one foreign charlatan to another for the rest of my natural life now I reckon. At least we get 1-2 weeks of exciting positivity and internet sleuthing initially before it all turns to shit

yeah...it couldn't be lurching from Bill Gates to Warren Bates.....now that would be a come down.

Â