Going Under ?

hippo

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

peter freund is a hard man to find info on

minority shareholder in the yankees, inherited a family packaging company trinity packaging, tried to buy his own MLB team in 2016 but it looks unsuccessful and he ended up buying an affiliate instead, he's invested in 4 baseball teams at various levels and he sounds like a massive baseball fan

he's shit on twitter though

https://twitter.com/trinbbholdings 

Think this has legs - he already sponsored a stand and a street ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Not quite sure we are a "national laughing stock" under Xia, not yet anyway.

Oh, I think we are now....I’m not a Twitterati but I’ve had a look tonight and it’s not for the faint hearted !

We've already had an american, we've already had chinese.

I'd like someone well connected with one of the new 'stans next, fresh out of the soviet union break up with a billion to spend on shirt sponsorship 'come to KazAzUzistan'.

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

Think this has legs - he already sponsored a stand and a street ! 

You Representative for Wellingborough. I was just going to say that. Too slow 

Just now, chrisp65 said:

We've already had an american, we've already had chinese.

I'd like someone well connected with one of the new 'stans next, fresh out of the soviet union break up with a billion to spend on shirt sponsorship 'come to KazAzUzistan'.

I d like someone called Alf who runs an off license in Stirchley.

26 minutes ago, hippo said:

Dubious ....too fast - and too high a price - at very best we are worth £60m 

Too fast ?

Depends how long we’ve been looking.......i don’t think any of these events, or those to come in the next week or so, are news to those involved.

2 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I've always said that what we need is an American billionaire with a family business who owns an American sports team. 

Right now Id take it !  

(Mrs Hippo just said that So im off upstairs) 

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i read about it a long time a go when looking at chinese construction economics as part of my dissertation

from memory they're stockpiling money, cash, gold the lot, it undermines other economies  (not just cash, they do it with a lot of commodities likes minerals and metals etc) they have a foreign currency stockpile of over $3trillion, they use it to stabilise their own currency, its playing with global economics

they dont therefore want all their billionaires investing cash abroad, the rules i think are that you can only invest chinese money in a foreign company that provides some revenue back to china, villa dont, wolves somehow might which is why he seems to be able to spend, they might be using some sort of loop hole where it might not be chinese money thats being spent

Oh i see thanks for that.

I mean i suppose the promotion will have made them money so provides cash.

Fosun can then go back to the Chinese government and say "look how much we got for this making X profit". 

i dont know if they could knock back some of that profit in tax to China ? 

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Bet gabby is emptying his locker a bit slower now!

He got out while the club still had money, I am sure he's super concerned right now while playing FIFA 18 and eating a couple kebabs..

5 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Peter Freund has started to follow AVFC Official, the ladies team and a couple of Villa fan pages on his Instagram account 

"Trinitysportsholdings"

He was at an Arsenal game in April but was there for research into setting up a USL team in Memphis. Maybe he seen the potential.

Edited by Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Seems like trinity sports holdings have had some success in rebranding and fixing teams in minor league baseball. Big step up to fixing Villa though!

For overseeing two accomplished teams in strikingly different markets, Trinity Sports Holdingsis the Ballpark Digest Organization of the Year for 2017.

“It’s a true honor,” Peter Freund, Principal Owner of Trinity Sports Holdings, said of the award. “I’m very humbled by it, and I’m very appreciative of it.”

Link: https://ballparkdigest.com/2017/11/16/2017-organization-of-the-year-trinity-sports-holdings/

Whatever ballpark digest is!

Â