Going Under ?

hippo

7 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Remember reading something about China tightening laws on outbound Chinese investment, just assumed it was words and meant very little 

i read about it a long time a go when looking at chinese construction economics as part of my dissertation

from memory they're stockpiling money, cash, gold the lot, it undermines other economies  (not just cash, they do it with a lot of commodities likes minerals and metals etc) they have a foreign currency stockpile of over $3trillion, they use it to stabilise their own currency, its playing with global economics

they dont therefore want all their billionaires investing cash abroad, the rules i think are that you can only invest chinese money in a foreign company that provides some revenue back to china, villa dont, wolves somehow might which is why he seems to be able to spend, they might be using some sort of loop hole where it might not be chinese money thats being spent

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

So how can the wolves owners get money out of China but ours can’t?

Fosun own businesses all around the World so don't have to take money out of China in order to fund their overseas operations, the Thomas Cook group being one known to many in the UK.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wolves owners are on a different planet to Recon. They are on Abramovich level wealth.  Tony is small fry in comparison.

Let's be honest mate.

Even without the overwhelming wealth factor, their decision making was superior to ours.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Does anyone have any links to websites explains the ins and outs of these new regulations?

I’ve seen it mentioned a lot but when I’ve looked, I just find other random articles about China limiting ATM withdrawals or giving people a 50,000 limit to exchange out of the country. That can’t be it.

I have a feeling if you google the Atletico Madrid and Wanda selling there stake a bit ago there may be a possible explanation there. 

Remember reading it, something about trying to cut down on overseas debt or something.

If its troubling a group like Wanda who i think im right in saying make Fosun look a bit strapped for cash, can understand why your owner may be struggling. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Baldricks Cunning Plan said:

Fosun own businesses all around the World so don't have to take money out of China in order to fund their overseas operations, the Thomas Cook group being one known to many in the UK.

I read that Fosun themselves have been effected, resulting in them selling property and a company in Australia.

15 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

So how can the wolves owners get money out of China but ours can’t?

Because their owners actually have some money? 

3 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

There will be 3 versions of events. 1 will be Dr Tony’s. 2 will be Keith Wyness’s. 3 will be the truth. 

I suspect we will never know number 3. 

The truth will be the version told by whoever wins the Xia v Wyness battle. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Let's be honest mate.

Even without the overwhelming wealth factor, their decision making was superior to ours.

That’s because they the real deal and  employed the best people out there to make the decisions. Twice they saw it wasn’t working and hastily changed. 

We got stuck with a charlatans like Keith bloody Wyness! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

This is probably going to be our toughest summer in modern history. Be prepared. 

I tried to prepare everyone with the relegation thread.  I was trying to look out for you all. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â