Season Tickets 2019/20

PieFacE

8 hours ago, hippo said:

Not heard a whisper - despite my emailing and sending a letter by post with revised bank details.

Very poor from the club TBH - I know they have said not to contact them - but if they ignore any communication you send - then sooner or later they are going to get a deluge of calls 

Im going to have to phone in the next couple of days.

Why? Has it been 90 days yet?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Yes I think it has .

It hasn't. Just checked my emails, the first email regarding reimbursement was on 27/05/20. And the cut off for claims was 14/06/20.

It hasn't been 90 days. 

15 minutes ago, av1 said:

It hasn't. Just checked my emails, the first email regarding reimbursement was on 27/05/20. And the cut off for claims was 14/06/20.

It hasn't been 90 days. 

Let's call it 3 months then ...so 27/8 or 14/9 .....

Tbh I can't see why it's 3 months. I entered an event with 15k participants ...money was re credited with 5 days of cancellation.

I also don't get why they ignore emails and letters sent by post. I'm trying to save them time by telling them revised bank details. .

Called the ticket office - not the most confidence inspiring conversation I have had. The 90 days apparently starts from 01/07/2020 - and we are on approximately day 40 now - I was told no refunds to credit cards have yet been made - as these will be done in bulk 

Asked about next years season tickets - these won't be on sale anytime soon as no decisions have been made re the format and whats happening etc  (she said the email sent out saying these would be available soon was sent in error)

Sounds like they are making it as they a go along TBH.

I entered an event with 15k participants and got this refund within 5 days of the event being cancelled. 

I know they have smaller fan base but WBA for example processed all theirs with 21 days. (from 08/06/2020)

Liverpool  7-10 days starting 08/06/2020

Edited by hippo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another day. No refund.

Interesting about what is being said on next season's Season Tickets. I have had a look at some nearby League Two and National League clubs and they are selling the tickets with a view to some crowds coming back by October. That might be based more on desperate optimism than any facts though. These clubs have to have season ticket money coming in or they will go bust. Premier League clubs could quite happily never have crowds coming back ever again as long as they get the TV money in.

some clubs are taking the money with the view to refunding if/when they need to. keeps their heads above water for a bit i guess and hope that some sort of rescue package is provided by the FA/EFL/PL in the meantime

On 10/08/2020 at 17:05, tomav84 said:

some clubs are taking the money with the view to refunding if/when they need to. keeps their heads above water for a bit i guess and hope that some sort of rescue package is provided by the FA/EFL/PL in the meantime

I totally understand that for clubs outside the prem. But for us they could send all refunds now first class in gold plated envelopes and it wouldn't affect the bottom line much. 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I'd honestly much rather just not go and watch it online than sit in a 1/4 full stadium with social distancing in effect. 

Yes, that's my view too. However the virus is going to increase exponentially as we get closer to winter, I don't think we'll get to the stage where even restricted crowds are allowed back, or if they are it won't be for long. 

4 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Great time to redevelop parts of Villa Park. Not sure if we still had plans to fix or build a new North Stand but doesn't look like we will be having a full house in this season. 

But how do you get money back on your investment. I think it could be years until you see big crowds returning. I'd imagine clubs will be very nervous about any investment right now and will more likely sit on money

On 22/08/2020 at 12:07, AndyM3000 said:

Great time to redevelop parts of Villa Park. Not sure if we still had plans to fix or build a new North Stand but doesn't look like we will be having a full house in this season. 

No it isn't. The economy is going to tank and we still have no idea when things will go 'back to normal', if ever.

Project re start shows that premier league clubs can quite happily keep running without any crowds as long as people keep subscribing to Sky or BT.

In regards to the season ticket refund I have had 4 of the 6 refunds last week but not the other 2 yet. Odd.

• Like 1