Season Tickets 2019/20

PieFacE

Got my vouchers through today too. They do have an expiry of 30/09/2021, I'd like to think things may have improved in 12 months time but it's not totally unfeasible that fans won't be allowed to attend 6 games by this point next year. 

• Thanks 1

I have my vouchers as well, a bit concerned that they will expire Sept next year....I mean I would hope there is some return to "normality" by then but with Covid still causing lock downs etc the chances are with restricted numbers attending games, of being able to use all the vouchers, I think is slim to be honest...

Wish I had taken the cash now........

Regards to all

Derek

On 16/09/2020 at 14:49, Nath182 said:

Got my vouchers through today too. They do have an expiry of 30/09/2021, I'd like to think things may have improved in 12 months time but it's not totally unfeasible that fans won't be allowed to attend 6 games by this point next year. 

I got mine and I must admit I hadn't noticed the expiry on them.

There's a concern there that if we were to go to limited attendance of say 10,000 after Christmas and there were nine home games left, then as a voucher holder would I be immediately entitled to go to six of those? 

That's 90,000 tickets available - if half of our season ticket holders cashed out and half vouchered, then that means all 90,000 would go to the half that vouchered (6 x 15,000).

That would make me uncomfortable - there are people who needed to cash out that have been season ticket holders for thirty years - should they miss out on games this season because others that had their first season ticket have got vouchers?

I've no idea on the actual numbers, but with an expiry of September 2021, there's a chance that the club have issued more vouchers than they'll have tickets.

I wonder if that voucher expiry will turn into a voucher toward a 2021-22 season ticket at some point?

Whichever, we now have vouchers to replace games we'd paid for, which are for games we can't yet attend and might never be able to.

I think the club is doing its best on this, but it's a weird situation - partly brought about by our own success - it's typical that in the first year in our history when we've had a waiting list for season tickets, we've also had an inability to sell season tickets.

It's nice to have the vouchers, I'm not sure they are the ultimate solution to the problem.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I got mine and I must admit I hadn't noticed the expiry on them.

There's a concern there that if we were to go to limited attendance of say 10,000 after Christmas and there were nine home games left, then as a voucher holder would I be immediately entitled to go to six of those? 

That's 90,000 tickets available - if half of our season ticket holders cashed out and half vouchered, then that means all 90,000 would go to the half that vouchered (6 x 15,000).

That would make me uncomfortable - there are people who needed to cash out that have been season ticket holders for thirty years - should they miss out on games this season because others that had their first season ticket have got vouchers?

I've no idea on the actual numbers, but with an expiry of September 2021, there's a chance that the club have issued more vouchers than they'll have tickets.

I wonder if that voucher expiry will turn into a voucher toward a 2021-22 season ticket at some point?

Whichever, we now have vouchers to replace games we'd paid for, which are for games we can't yet attend and might never be able to.

I think the club is doing its best on this, but it's a weird situation - partly brought about by our own success - it's typical that in the first year in our history when we've had a waiting list for season tickets, we've also had an inability to sell season tickets.

It's nice to have the vouchers, I'm not sure they are the ultimate solution to the problem.

I have had my cash refunded.....but not sure how or when I renew my seat?.....will it be the same seat?

18 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have had my cash refunded.....but not sure how or when I renew my seat?.....will it be the same seat?

I'm pretty sure they said that when season tickets next go on sale, the existing season ticket holders would still have priority to purchase their previous seat.

Just noticed the expiry date on mine..same expiry date on all 6 emails..anyone else get a first email with a different amount to the other 5 ?..my first voucher was 2.43 and the rest were in double digits.

I got in touch with the club to verify today and was told that if restrictions are still in place at time of expiry the expiry date will be further extended.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

It will be half a season ticket at best mate.

Nothing until 2021-22, but the club have said that all season ticket holders from 2019-20 will have their seats held and available to them to renew when it happens.

I'm guessing the vouchers will roll forward to that point and become a season ticket discount voucher. 

If fans go back in March there won't be enough time and enough availability for the club to force the vouchers through.

• Like 1

Well maybe. But maybe in another six weeks time the government will have completely different plans, like they did a couple of months ago. Just have to hope for the best.

Personally I can't see any signifcant crowds in football grounds this calendar year but maybe start of 2021 again, if a vaccine is in production.

With the club having stated that they'll be honouring existing season ticket holdings whenever they get the opportunity to do so, and with everyone now safely through the process of refunds and vouchering, we're going to lock this one up and we can continue to debate the season ticket situation in the Season tickets 2020-21 thread (even though there won't be any season tickets in 2020-21).

Thank you.