Season Tickets 2019/20

PieFacE

On 29/05/2020 at 21:00, jackbauer24 said:

I'm not saying this will happen but what they should do is base next years prices based on your action;

1. Donate the refund to the Foundation - You get a percentage discount on next seasons (or which ever season!) price.

2. Have a credit note so Villa hold money - Price freeze whatever league we're in.

3. Get your cash refund - Seat held but no guarantee on price increases.

No I am sorry the price of your season ticket for next year should be the same whatever you decide to do. 

There are people now unemployed because of this pandemic and they may need money now to pay for basic necessities. 

• Like 4

I've not had the email instructions about how to make my choices yet, just the initial notification. 

I think I'll just let them keep the dosh to be knocked off next year's ticket.  As people have alluded most of next season will probably also be behind closed doors, it will probably be virtually free taking into account this year's refund.

• Like 1

Mine too, still not got an answer to the thing i need to know though. I undertsand a voucher can be used against another season ticket but no mention anywhere, even in the frequently asked questions section, of whether or not i can have a monetary refund but still have the right to keep my season ticket seat when they do eventually go back on sale? 

12 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Mine too, still not got an answer to the thing i need to know though. I undertsand a voucher can be used against another season ticket but no mention anywhere, even in the frequently asked questions section, of whether or not i can have a monetary refund but still have the right to keep my season ticket seat when they do eventually go back on sale? 

Ding ding. I will have the money and would like to keep my seat for when I do decide to renew thank you. Club just seems to be dodging that one though so they can keep the money in the coffers.

22 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

would be fair to assume we won't lose our seats either way , we cannot renew at this point so shouldn't miss out

• Like 4

I've gone for the money back. No idea how long it will be till we can get back to the ground and the club can't sell a ST ticket for next year not knowing how many games we can attend. I will renew when we know more but for now, i need the money back. 

I've had the offer email but it only seems to be for my season ticket and not for my sons which I also buy.   Anyone else had this? 

24 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've had the offer email but it only seems to be for my season ticket and not for my sons which I also buy.   Anyone else had this? 

yes same i have 2 adult and 3 kids tickets , only got emails for the 2 adult , i just filled the form in for all of them

Going to ask for my money back. If we knew that we were allowed to watch sports live by a specific date I would just let it roll over, but they have no idea. It is not completely impossible to think  that all of 20-21 will be BCD as well.  I hope not but who knows. 

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2

Schalke 04 had tried a rather different approach to refund request applications for their fans. The Irish Times reports (full story below) that they had asked fans who had bought tickets to matches they could not attend due to the Covid-19 pandemic to explain why they needed their money back. 

They asked them to explain their exact reasons for demanding a refund, such as financial hardship, and to submit supporting documentation.“Why do you need the money now? Elaborate on your case of hardship and if possible submit respective documentation,” the letter to fans read.

The club has now issued a statement saying that, "No one will need to hand in documents and of course no one will be ‘controlled’,” In their letter to fans they admitted that, "Schalke used impersonal and not very sensitive expressions. For that the club and employees of the service centre would like to apologise to all fans. We could and should have expressed it better.” :D🇩🇪

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/why-do-you-need-the-money-now-schalke-apologise-for-ticket-refund-questions-1.4270736

• Haha 1

Ok folks i just received an email response regarding my email asking whether or not taking a monetary refund will affect my renewal options.

Here is the response

""Hi,

Thanks for your email.

We are unable to comment on how season ticket renewals will work at this time.

Please note that season ticket holders decision on whether to take a monetary refund or an e-voucher will have no impact on season ticket

renewal whatsoever.

Kind regards.""

Edited by danceoftheshamen

44 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Ok folks i just received an email response regarding my email asking whether or not taking a monetary refund will affect my renewal options.

Here is the response

""Hi,

Thanks for your email.

We are unable to comment on how season ticket renewals will work at this time.

Please note that season ticket holders decision on whether to take a monetary refund or an e-voucher will have no impact on season ticket

renewal whatsoever.

Kind regards.""

Kind of a strange email, but they're surely not going to stop everyone from keeping their seat, so that's as good as a confirmation really.

Considering that clubs like Sunderland and Newcastle are robbing their fans to make a quick buck, I'm pretty happy about how the club have handled it!

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Kind of a strange email, but they're surely not going to stop everyone from keeping their seat, so that's as good as a confirmation really.

Considering that clubs like Sunderland and Newcastle are robbing their fans to make a quick buck, I'm pretty happy about how the club have handled it!

Also I may get a better seat when it does open up because not everybody will want to go back straight away I assume.  I like my season ticket seat but wouldnt mind a slightly better seat.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I don’t get what’s strange about it.