18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

31 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

We are damn good home AND away. We need to fear no one at either home or away, so in my opinion final position in the playoffs is not as important as keeping our best players injury and card free.

So let's do the sensible thing and rest Grealish and McGinn and Mings.

Agree. 

9 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Well this is awkward

And is it really awkward? Not for me.

The comment made was a joke which didn't in any way suggest City would be getting promotion, and now we aren't.

8 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

We are damn good home AND away. We need to fear no one at either home or away, so in my opinion final position in the playoffs is not as important as keeping our best players injury and card free.

So let's do the sensible thing and rest Grealish and McGinn and Mings.

100% agree. I also remember the impact of both McGinn & Grealish straight after their enforced “rests”. Both outstanding on their returns. I also thought, even though he was still scoring, that Abraham looked like a break might do him the world of good. We’ll wait and see. It would serve us well to see players like Lansbury & Davis get some decent minutes under their belts going into the playoffs, they might be needed at a crucial time. 

Barring Johnson being a mug, I have no issue  with Bristol City. They are a well run club with a passionate fan base. I hope we go up next year and see them in the Premier league in the next couple years. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Barring Johnson being a mug, I have no issue  with Bristol City. They are a well run club with a passionate fan base. I hope we go up next year and see them in the Premier league in the next couple years. 

I hope we go up THIS year 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Conceded 56 goals compared to 39 for Sheffield United.

Almost 8% of goals conceded by Sheffield United this season happened inside 12 minutes at VP

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

And is it really awkward? Not for me.

The comment made was a joke which didn't in any way suggest City would be getting promotion, and now we aren't.

Who's this "City" you guys keep talking about. Do you mean Bristol? ;)

Villa were kicked all over the place first half. It was like watching the Leeds of the 70s, they couldn't live with us. Then, second half, the ref denies us a stonewall penalty and then sends our player off for being conned by Bamford. 

By far, Villa beat these cheating, dirty scumbags in the final - bring it on! 

I hope they beat Derby and we meet them. They don't deserve to be promoted regardless. Dirty, cheating playacting scumbags. Only the manager has any credit in humanity at all. They're worse than blose.

• Like 1