18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

31 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

If this is your way of saying we’re not a million miles away, but we may as well be, the word “just” implies that......I’d rethink that estimate.

it was meant as humour.....

but, I'd rethink were we really are.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Win today and we go 4 points off playoffs with 5 teams out of the top 6 yet to come to Villa park. 

As long as we stregthen wisely this week and we have Grealish and Tuanzebe back by the time we come to play them then it could still be all to play for.

Today is a MUST win game, no excuses.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

Happy with the 3 points. Next up: Reading.

if we can get another win, ugly or not, it might give us some confidence while at the same time getting a bit closer to the PO spots (teams around us are playing each others). With the return of grealish, I hope to see some improvement in our play. We’re still in it, but it will take some luck and effort.

1 hour ago, sne said:

2-1 at home to bottom of the league, Lambert lead Ipswich thanks to a parody penalty.

Teams in the play off spots must be scared shitless.

You should probable write to the EFL and appeal the decision.

• Confused 1

4 points off the playoffs, Jack and Axel to return and maybe a couple of defensive signings this week. 

The idea that we have blown it is premature imo. 

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Derby and a number of other sides have a game in hand.

I know that, but reading this thread you would think we are 17th with a dozen or so points to make up. 

I still think we can do it. 

If we keep gaining points even without playing well, we could go firing again when Grealish and Axel back.

Even Leeds won there game against Rotherham hardly.

As bad as we’ve been we’re doing as Leeds who have been between 12-15 points for a while now.

If we can beat Reading with couple of results going our way. Anything could happen against Sheff Utd.

4 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

If we keep gaining points even without playing well, we could go firing again when Grealish and Axel back.

Even Leeds won there game against Rotherham hardly.

As bad as we’ve been we’re doing as Leeds who have been between 12-15 points for a while now.

If we can beat Reading with couple of results going our way. Anything could happen against Sheff Utd.

Yep, it's the old cliche one game at a time. Then all of a sudden you're competing.

• Like 1