18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

28 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

It is a long way off.

I am I the only one that thinks that if an average team like Hull can win six on the bounce in this division then there is still hope?

Difference is they have a manager who knows how to organize a defense. We don't.

How are you supposed to go on a winning streak if you need to score 2 goals every game just to draw?

Edited by villalad21

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Difference is they have a manager who knows how to organize a defense. We don't.

How are you supposed to go on a winning streak if you need to score 2 goals every game just to draw?

Got nothing to do with the fact that they actually have decent defenders I guess.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Got nothing to do with the fact that they actually have decent defenders I guess.

Elphick and Chester are pretty decent at this level in my book. Hutton and Elmo did well last season.

I think a manager like Allardyce would get much, much more out of this defense.

15 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well our next 2 games are against 2 of the worst teams in there league. If we don’t get 6 points I’ll say it’s over, If we do get 6 points results go our way and Jack returns for the Shef United game then there’s still a little hope. 

Hopefully the players haven’t thrown in the towel just yet like some of the fans have. 

Do you really think we will have a hope in play offs? I think we would just put a pathetic display over two legs. Just not enough guts and care from @ lot of these players

3 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

It is a long way off.

I am I the only one that thinks that if an average team like Hull can win six on the bounce in this division then there is still hope?

You might find another somewhere, perhaps seven nationwide if your lucky.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Do you really think we will have a hope in play offs? I think we would just put a pathetic display over two legs. Just not enough guts and care from @ lot of these players

Well, IF we did make the play offs, it would have meant results would have improved so maybe we’d have a chance.

Playing like this currently, no we wouldn’t stand a chance in the play offs. But it wouldn’t be a concern because we wouldn’t have made the play offs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well about 4 weeks ago people were taking about us winning the league so things can change quickly. 

I try to keep positive, have belief and not change my view every few games. But if we don’t win the next 2 I’ll accept the seasons over. 

45 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Elphick and Chester are pretty decent at this level in my book. Hutton and Elmo did well last season.

I think a manager like Allardyce would get much, much more out of this defense.

he would also have Jedinak and Whelan patrolling just in front of the back 4. Not exactly organisation if put lot of defensive players on the pitch

Edited by Zatman

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well about 4 weeks ago people were taking about us winning the league so things can change quickly. 

I try to keep positive, have belief and not change my view every few games. But if we don’t win the next 2 I’ll accept the seasons over. 

Yes the crazy people who got too excited. Some people thought we wouldn't lose  a game this season. I knew we  would eventually fade as the defence  is utter garbage and we got out of nail a few times early on with some of smiths wins.

No way we're we able to sustain that to end of year we need a whole new defence and a solid dm.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No way we're we able to sustain that to end of year we need a whole new defence and a solid dm.

We don't need a whole new defence.

Elphick and Chester are good enough at this level. We need proper full backs i agree with that and some backup at cb for Chester and Elphick.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Elphick and Chester are good enough at this level. We need proper full backs i agree with that and some backup at cb for Chester and Elphick.

Full backs and we do need cbs. Elphick released in summer  most likely. Axel  going back to United so we may have only one cb next season.

I agree about Full backs utter utter pathetic. Only one I would keep is bree

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

By all accounts Chester is carrying a pretty crippling knee injury.

5 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

It is a long way off.

I agree the league is still wide open, our drama is we are a team in major transition.from the Bruce era to a DS more offensive approach. We could go on a run but just as easily stay on the run we’re currently on . The players can’t maintain the fitness levels required for DSapproach . I think we’re in trouble of disappearing into mid table mediocrity whilst he tinkers with the team that won’t be acceptable to fans .

My head is telling me that we'll miss out on the top six this season and we'll have top give Deano a full pre-season to build a team of his own that suits his style of play but my heart hopes that maybe turning it around yesterday will re-instill some confidence into the team, JG and Axel will return and the team of Boro, Derby and WBA away will return.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wedge said:

My head is telling me that we'll miss out on the top six this season and we'll have top give Deano a full pre-season to build a team of his own that suits his style of play but my heart hopes that maybe turning it around yesterday will re-instill some confidence into the team, JG and Axel will return and the team of Boro, Derby and WBA away will return.

Don't think we will challenge for top 6 next season either.

Too many problems at this club.

22 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Don't think we will challenge for top 6 next season either.

Too many problems at this club.

Sadly I think this is the case. We need another rebuild which will take time and fans will get on smiths back then we get rid.rinse and repeat. The endless villa cycle.

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sadly I think this is the case. We need another rebuild which will take time and fans will get on smiths back then we get rid.rinse and repeat. The endless villa cycle.

Yes, because chopping and changing managers more frequently than a lady of the night changes underwear has worked so well for us this past decade hasn't it!!

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well about 4 weeks ago people were taking about us winning the league so things can change quickly

I try to keep positive, have belief and not change my view every few games. But if we don’t win the next 2 I’ll accept the seasons over

XD I love this forum.