18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

You would like to think so mate. Even yesterday's performance against the worst team in the league was not convincing for me. 

I think we should have maximised more points this month when you consider the teams we have come up against. W whave another. Horrendous run coming up very soon and that's when I think it will all fall apart again. 

We did well last time yes but for me it's going to be a difficult ask to pulloff all those wins again. I don't see how we will anyways when we can't even beat Hull at home Or QPR

That’s because football is not as simple as we can’t beat Hull and QPR  there’s no chance we can beat the teams above. We have beaten some of them and we can again. 

When I looked at our run of fixtures when Smith took over I expected the season to be over. Yet they suprised us all and we managed to pick a lot more points than anyone expected. 

Then Axel and Grealish got injured and it fell apart. Yes there are other factors but those 2 players have not been replaceable to how we play and it’s hit us hard.

Leeds scrapped a win against Rotherham yesterday and lost to Hull at home.  If you haven’t noticed anyone can beat anyone in this league by now then you never will. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The form team that even Blackburn managed to beat this weekend. qPR are woefuL and we only took one point off them. That’s what’s costing us recently. Bruce’s pathetic start didn’t help either

You are doing it again. Comparing another teams results to ours. Hull had won 6 in a row before coming to Villa park including beating Leeds at home. Does that mean we are better than Leeds as we managed a point at least?

By the way that is now Preston, Wigan, QPR and Hull that have gone on to lose their next games after playing us.

These teams really do give their all against us!  Kind of like how we did against Wolves last season and then lost our next two.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

The form team that even Blackburn managed to beat this weekend. qPR are woefuL and we only took one point off them. That’s what’s costing us recently. Bruce’s pathetic start didn’t help either

Blackburn are above us by the way. They’re only 3 points to playoffs places.

After the Ipswich game Aston Villa have 42 points out of a possible 87. The final projected points total will currently be 67 points that is points after 46 games. Basing this off last seasons final table will put us 11th.

There is still 51 points to play for giving us a maximum potential points haul of 93 points.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the appointment of Dean Smith the new projected points total would be 69 points that is points after 46 games. That has included (Before Smith) of 1.25 PPG from Steve Bruce and the current 1.58PPG from Smith. Using 1.58PPG over the remaining 17 games.

Basing this off last seasons final table will put us 9th

Thought for the day: To make the plays off based off last season we need 11 wins out of the next 17 games and to match goal difference need a +16 goal margin. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Merson08 said:

After the Ipswich game Aston Villa have 42 points out of a possible 87. The final projected points total will currently be 67 points that is points after 46 games. Basing this off last seasons final table will put us 11th.

There is still 51 points to play for giving us a maximum potential points haul of 93 points.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the appointment of Dean Smith the new projected points total would be 69 points that is points after 46 games. That has included (Before Smith) of 1.25 PPG from Steve Bruce and the current 1.58PPG from Smith. Using 1.58PPG over the remaining 17 games.

Basing this off last seasons final table will put us 9th

Thought for the day: To make the plays off based off last season we need 11 wins out of the next 17 games and to match goal difference need a +16 goal margin. 

Thanks for these stats but we need the stats of last season. Wolves and Cardiff mainly.

16 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Thanks for these stats but we need the stats of last season. Wolves and Cardiff mainly.

Forget about them mate. What they did we already cant get to. 99 points for Wolves and 90 for Cardiff. Our max is 93 points possible.

Automatics is gone. 

Edited by Merson08

3 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

plays off are gone too not being negative just a statement of fact - too many dropped points already.

Fact is this isn't factual.

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

Play-offs aren't gone. I'm not being overly positive, just stating a fact.

This is fact. 

fact

Dictionary result for fact

/fakt/
noun

1. a thing that is known or proved to be true.
    "the most commonly known fact about hedgehogs is that they have fleas"
    synonyms: reality, actuality, certainty, factuality, certitude; More

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Merson08 said:

Fact is this isn't factual.

This is fact. 

fact

Dictionary result for fact

/fakt/
noun

1. a thing that is known or proved to be true.
    "the most commonly known fact about hedgehogs is that they have fleas"
    synonyms: reality, actuality, certainty, factuality, certitude; More

Dress it up how like we are not making the play offs - that will be proved true therefore making it a fact as per your definition. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

35 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

Dress it up how like we are not making the play offs - that will be proved true therefore making it a fact as per your definition. 

"well if my personal opinion can't be considered a fact then what can?!" 

43 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

4 points off. 17 games to go, not even close to been over yet. Let's see where we are in ten games times. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Let’s just hope Smith and Co haven’t waved the white flag like some posters have

This.

Over a third of the way to go and we're within reach of a playoff spot. We've had some of the best results and performances of any team in this division under Smith.

I understand the disappointment as for whatever reason things haven't gelled as we'd have hoped but it would be insane to let that stop us from aspiring and hoping for better.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Merson08 said:

Forget about them mate. What they did we already cant get to. 99 points for Wolves and 90 for Cardiff. Our max is 93 points possible.

Automatics is gone. 

I mean what points were they at this stage last season? Not at the end of it.

6 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I mean what points were they at this stage last season? Not at the end of it.

Well here is the table for the beginning of February last season.

1 Wolves 30 11 2 2 31 12 10 3 2 23 10 +32 68
2 Derby 30 9 3 3 25 9 7 6 2 22 14 +24 57
3 Aston Villa 30 9 5 1 28 13 7 3 5 18 14 +19 56
4 Cardiff 29 9 3 2 26 10 7 3 5 18 16 +18 54

This is Villa atm. Played 29, GD +7, Points 42.

10   Aston Villa 29 7 42
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, LondonVillian said:

plays off are gone too not being negative just a statement of fact - too many dropped points already.

4 points off the playoffs with 51 points to play for...

I would say its definately not over.

We’ve got a bit of work to do for sure but we still have every current side in the play-off positions to play. It’s in our hands, to treat it that we won’t as a foregone conclusion already at this stage of the season with a 4 point gap is bed wetting of biblical proportions.

Edited by penguin