18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

We’re above both Derby and Forest in the form table. 2 teams who I think will be challenging for top 6. Bristol city and hull have good form but I think they will drop too many points eventually. We have been shit of late but so have the competition. I think 6th place could be one the lowest points total it’s been for a very long time. 

Many have written this season off but I think we can still sneak too 6 and then anything’s possible in knock out games.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Yep, it's the old cliche one game at a time. Then all of a sudden you're competing.

Who would have guess Hull might think of promotion? Yet our draw with them got them back to the losing track. Yet had they won they could have won again today.

We’ve been affected by West Brom goal mentally. What didn’t help us too was losing Jack and Axel at the same time of the West Brom goal. These small parts play a lot in the game. Then that Leeds game.

When you try and check how many two goals we scored to just draw or lose you’ll know how bad are we mentally.

We were pathetic against Wigan. Bad start against Hull but once we scored we’ve improved.

Yes we lack some quality (especially without Jack). But we’re bad mentally.

Even without Jack we scored 2 goals against Leeds, Stoke, QPR, Hull and now Ipswich. The amount of losing points while in lead is really bad. That’s definitely not only a quality thing.

A huge game at Reading, hopefully we win that. If we could also do couple of good signing we might really click on again. 

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yet it’s the 7th best in the league and only 5 points less than the best home team in the league which is Leeds. 

So bloody negative all the time. 

7th best. Your happy with that?? That's piss poor and you won't get promoted with that. 5points is 5points. 

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We’re above both Derby and Forest in the form table. 2 teams who I think will be challenging for top 6. Bristol city and hull have good form but I think they will drop too many points eventually. We have been shit of late but so have the competition. I think 6th place could be one the lowest points total it’s been for a very long time. 

Many have written this season off but I think we can still sneak too 6 and then anything’s possible in knock out games.

We have played some of the shit test teams we should have more epoints on the table. But let's hide that show we and be positive even if we are not doing too well. 

8 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

We have been for quite a few years now. I wonder what its going to take to get it back. It seems institutionalized at this point.

Well for this season we’re have a strange problem. We’re scoring even without Jack, but having him makes other team worry more about there goal which make the game easier for us which protects our goal.

We’re the third goal scorers this season, which is impressive. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Well for this season we’re have a strange problem. We’re scoring even without Jack, but having him makes other team worry more about there goal which make the game easier for us which protects our goal.

We’re the third goal scorers this season, which is impressive. 

We also let in the third most goals in the league which is actually crazy if you think about it, and really shows why we've struggled so much.

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

7th best. Your happy with that?? That's piss poor and you won't get promoted with that. 5points is 5points. 

Well considering another win and we’d be third I’m not exactly unhappy with it.  Even though our form at home has been poor we still have a better chance of winning at Villa park than we do away.

So when I say all the teams above us apart from Leeds are coming to villa park I would take that as a positive. Hopefully the crowd can also get behind the team for those games.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

We have played some of the shit test teams we should have more epoints on the table. But let's hide that show we and be positive even if we are not doing too well. 

We have also played some of the best teams and battered them... So....

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well considering another win and we’d be third I’m not exactly unhappy with it.  Even though our form at home has been poor we still have a better chance of winning at Villa park than we do away.

So when I say all the teams above us apart from Leeds are coming to villa park I would take that as a positive. Hopefully the crowd can also get behind the team for those games.

You would like to think so mate. Even yesterday's performance against the worst team in the league was not convincing for me. 

I think we should have maximised more points this month when you consider the teams we have come up against. W whave another. Horrendous run coming up very soon and that's when I think it will all fall apart again. 

We did well last time yes but for me it's going to be a difficult ask to pulloff all those wins again. I don't see how we will anyways when we can't even beat Hull at home Or QPR

27 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Hull were the form team in the league. QPR, fair enough. Grealish plays and we win them both. We get him back soon, plus, hopefully, the new players we need.

To be fair QPR were in decent form when they came to Villa Park, winning three and drawing one of their previous four games.

However the form of other teams when we play them is a factor but only up to a point for me. If there is a strong desire to go up this season we need to picking up home wins against the likes of QPR and Hull.

Still all to play for though. Not giving up hope just yet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Hull were the form team in the league. QPR, fair enough. Grealish plays and we win them both. We get him back soon, plus, hopefully, the new players we need.

The form team that even Blackburn managed to beat this weekend. qPR are woefuL and we only took one point off them. That’s what’s costing us recently. Bruce’s pathetic start didn’t help either