18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

The last 5 seasons in top flight was an awful time to be a Villa fan. Think we were averaging about 8 wins a season and been beaten by teams like Hull, Norwich and Wigan and at times barely mustering an attack

Liverpool game is still the most shambolic performance ever

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Im not even taking the piss. Prefer this league. Looking forward to us when Smith gets his own players in that can play his way.

Shows how far we’ve fallen - people have come to accept us in this league.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

The last 5 seasons in top flight was an awful time to be a Villa fan. Think we were averaging about 8 wins a season and been beaten by teams like Hull, Norwich and Wigan and at times barely mustering an attack

Sounds like this season...

2 hours ago, Mark_1989 said:

Shows how far we’ve fallen - people have come to accept us in this league.

I think we have to accept it is a tough league and we only a mid table side in it.

Of course we shouldn’t accept the poor performances which are putting us there...or should we because our job is to support through good and bad times?

Is that the issue here? We have a poor squad of players and we know that performances aren’t going to be pretty...but yet we still get upset.

so should we be upset or shouldn’t we?

Its all too confusing 😂

43 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Not yet ;)

We have managed a pathetic 10 wins though and managed to lose to wigan & norwich and drew with hull.

Not that it really matters and you’re only making a point, but are those really the three worst results you could reference for this season? Wigan, yeah fair enough. But narrowly losing to the current top places side and a draw in which we at least showed a bit of fight and came from two goals behind?

Drawing 0-0 with Reading, drawing against 10 man Ipswich, Baggies defeat at home, drawing to Preston, losing to Millwall, losing to Sheffield Wednesday at home, getting battered by Sheffield United...

21 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Not that it really matters and you’re only making a point, but are those really the three worst results you could reference for this season? Wigan, yeah fair enough. But narrowly losing to the current top places side and a draw in which we at least showed a bit of fight and came from two goals behind?

Drawing 0-0 with Reading, drawing against 10 man Ipswich, Baggies defeat at home, drawing to Preston, losing to Millwall, losing to Sheffield Wednesday at home, getting battered by Sheffield United...

Was just quoting Zatmans tales of woe in the premier league where he mentioned losing to wigan, hull & norwich. Hence my comment that is was not much different to this season

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Was just quoting Zatmans tales of woe in the premier league where he mentioned losing to wigan, hull & norwich. Hence my comment that is was not much different to this season

Ah thanks, fair enough I skimmed read that bit and didn’t take it in.

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

I'll never forget Christmas 2012, Chelsea 8 villa 0, followed by spurs beating us 4 goals to 0 and to top it off Wigan beat us 3 0 at home 3 days later! 

On 22/02/2019 at 18:45, holteend1982 said:

I'll never forget Christmas 2012, Chelsea 8 villa 0, followed by spurs beating us 4 goals to 0 and to top it off Wigan beat us 3 0 at home 3 days later! 

I’ve been at the UK before that and went to our game against Stoke at home 0*0. Then cup game against Norwich 1-4 away. Then Liverpool 1-3 away.

Came back with a lot of hope, and was willing to go to Chelsea game but didn’t have the chance, and really glad I haven’t.

After the Stoke game Aston Villa have 45 points out of a possible 102. The final projected points total will currently be 61 points that is points after 46 games. Basing this off last seasons final table will put us 12th.

There is still 36 points to play for giving us a maximum potential points haul of 81 points.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the appointment of Dean Smith the new projected points total would be 61 points that is points after 46 games. That has included of 1.25 PPG from Steve Bruce and the current 1.36PPG from Smith. Using 1.36PPG over the remaining 12 games.

Basing this off last seasons final table will put us 12th

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Looks like Bruce’s boys have jumped above us.

We could actually be in a position where we are 8 points off playoffs after everyone has played 44 games.

34 games you mean but still some teams above have only played 33 including Bristol in 6th.

We would also have to overtake 7 teams.

Let's go for it!

• Like 1