18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

Yay Bruce who had the same window and been there less time is above us and we are also below Blose by 5 points. 

And people think Smith is doing a good job? This seasons been a disaster. Granted its not all on Smith but he hasn't improved us at all yet. 

I thought I would see some improvement since when Bruce left in terms of point return. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yay Bruce who had the same window and been there less time is above us and we are also below Blose by 5 points. 

And people think Smith is doing a good job? This seasons been a disaster. Granted its not all on Smith but he hasn't improved us at all yet. 

I thought I would see some improvement since when Bruce left in terms of point return. 

i think most of us did to be fair...the honeymoon period is well and truly over, as is our promotion hopes. smith really needs to demonstrate that he can motivate this lot before the end of the season if he's going to have the fans' support next season

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i think most of us did to be fair...the honeymoon period is well and truly over, as is our promotion hopes. smith really needs to demonstrate that he can motivate this lot before the end of the season if he's going to have the fans' support next season

That's It I Agree. we all want him to do well but sadly he isn't. there has to be improvement come May otherwise I think we need to part ways

I’m putting it out there I’m actually ok with our current position from a certain POV... I’ve now adjusted to the fact after 2 1/2 years now we are now just an aspirational championship club with no Devine right to be higher than we are ... Painfully I now see that’s the level we are at so fix my expectation levels accordingly . After the summers sh1T show with the fraud Dr X I never expected we would go up this year and kinda wrote this season off before it had started. With the new owners and structure I see a clear tangible and dare I say trustworthy plan in place. I quietly feel we’ve  hit the jackpot in terms of dream ownership combos. Just a hunch . After Doug , Lerner, Dr X and god knows who .. we deserve a break! 

Long term I see smith as just a disposable cog in a machine rather than the egotistical centre piece in a master plan  . A Starting point ...and hopefully this time a structure of real worth is  being put in place finally after too many false dawns . It may be long road but I’m sure we are on the start of  brand new dawn .dare I say .proud history bright fututre . 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

We are league leaders in nearly every vital aspect of the game that determines the outcome of a match.

Chances created, key passes, passing accuracy, possession retention, set pieces, successful dribbles, most crosses made, shots on target, goals scored, most fouled team.

We're top 6 in every one of those categories. I'd say that's a vast improvement on what Bruce did in his first 5 months as our manager and also on what he left Smith with.

Our problem is that we are 4th worst in the competition at conceding goals, which is turning out to be disastrous results-wise and undermines all the good we do.

We are also relegation material when it comes to interceptions, tackles, shots blocked, passes blocked. So defensively we have to improve, otherwise it won't cut it.

If Smith finds a way to rectify the defense and stem the flow of goals we concede (1.56 per game) then I have no doubt he will take us to the Premier League.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Our problem is that we are 4th worst in the competition at conceding goals, which is turning out to be disastrous results-wise and undermines all the good we do.

And that's exactly the main problem with Dean Smith at Brentford too.

His teams scores alot bt also concede alot. It balances itself out resulting in mid table finishes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Smith has got no excuse now Grealish is back.  It's play off final or sign on.

He can't go on about Axel Tuenzebe being a major player as the guy was a nervous wreck in defence. Mings and Elphick are light years better

Sure Grealish will be in the form of his life after being out injured for this long...

Not sure I agree about Elphick being better than Alex either.

Also not sure why this tread is still open.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villadodo said:

If we beat Derby this weekend and Bristol City lose to Preston we will only be 5 points off the play offs.

Other teams still have a game in hand.

We ain't making no play offs this season.

We're 8pts off the play offs and Derby,Boro and Bristol C all have a game in hand (so potentially 11pts off)

Too much to do with only 12 games left.

It would mean we need to win all our games and hope that either Derby, Boro or Bristol C lose 4 if their remaining 13 ganes.

As I say, left ourselves with too much to do too late in the day.

Im not letting these players or the clown in charge off the hook that easily.

They just want to give it the biggie " Im the Villa boss" in purnells and up the belfry and do **** all untill the summer. The players have already booked their flights to marbs after the last game.

I want play off's.

Elphick says it's still up for grabs.

Villa are an experienced play off team after last year. We know what it takes. The attack was ok the defence wAS crap now we've tightened up with minger.

we can gate crash the party.

Edited by screwdriver

16 hours ago, wilko154 said:

You people are depressing...

Under-f***ing statement of the millenium. Christ Almighty -  everything stupid and cretinous about Villa 'fans'; can be found on these threads.

Newsflash - DS will be here next August. 

No "progress" in 4 months ? Sack the manager !!! NEXT !!

Right - you've got 4 months to save your job. If we ain't in the PL by then - off you trot.

So many disciples of self-abuse....

Edited by SirSteveUK
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, screwdriver said:

Im not letting these players or the clown in charge off the hook that easily.

They just want to give it the biggie " Im the Villa boss" in purnells and up the belfry and do **** all untill the summer. The players have already booked their flights to marbs after the last game.

I want play off's.

Elphick says it's still up for grabs.

Villa are an experienced play off team after last year. We know what it takes. The attack was ok the defence wAS crap now we've tightened up with minger.

we can gate crash the party.

Smith has got no excuse now Grealish is back.  It's play off final or sign on.

He can't go on about Axel Tuenzebe being a major player as the guy was a nervous wreck in defence. Mings and Elphick are light years better

I hate to be the one to say it but you talk some utter nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We won't make play offs so forget that fir this year. BUT from now until end of season I want to see a big improvement in. Points return. If this dreadful points return until the end of season does not improve then serious questions need to be asked in the summer.