18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I am not going to let myself be disappointed. I don’t think it will happen this year. I’ll see where we are in the next 6 games

With this sentence, you have opened yourself up for hope, and inevitably thereby, disappointment. :)

• Haha 1

Promotion this season could cause more issues. We would be hammered weekly in Premier League if go up look at Fulham. You cant build from scratch in top division which is required

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Promotion this season could cause more issues. We would be hammered weekly in Premier League if go up look at Fulham. You cant build from scratch in top division which is required

Plus the smattering of talent we have would have spent a year in the big shop window. 

Hurts to say but we would be far better off staying down if we can somehow keep some of the crown jewels.

Yeah everyone knows that the 4th attempt at rebuilding from scratch in the Championship is the charm.

And without the compensation money from the PL it will be even easier.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah everyone knows that the 4th attempt at rebuilding from scratch in the Championship is the charm.

And without the compensation money from the PL it will be even easier.

We don't know that we will be starting from scratch. 

It's moot anyway as we will have no choice, we either get the points to go up or we won't.

Just saying there are positives to not going up.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Financiallly we need promotion this season. In terms of winning games and enjoying supporting villa we are better off staying here.

Problem for me is that victories against the likes of Brentford or Wigan are a bit uninteresting.

I want Villa to compete against the best teams and players.

Only point of this league is to get out of it.

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

We don't know that we will be starting from scratch. 

It's moot anyway as we will have no choice, we either get the points to go up or we won't.

Just saying there are positives to not going up.

I disagree about that honestly. I see non.

7 hours ago, KentVillan said:

As others have mentioned, those last two games against Leeds and Norwich might be more winnable than they look if both teams have secured automatic promotion.

This is particularly interesting as no one else (above us) in the battle for 6th has any of Leeds, Norwich or Sheff Utd in their last 5 fixtures apart from Forest have SHU 4th last and Hull have them 3rd last. So if it comes down to it, we will indeed want Norwich and Leeds promoted by 1 and 2 games left, respectively. 

Edited by fightoffyour

4 minutes ago, sne said:

I disagree about that honestly. I see non.

If we can get up and stay there we can keep the likes of grealish for longer. We stand a better chance of staying up if we are ready.

11 minutes ago, sne said:

Problem for me is that victories against the likes of Brentford or Wigan are a bit uninteresting.

We have bever beaten Brentford in this division so would be interesting for me 😉

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

This is particularly interesting as no one else (above us) in the battle for 6th has any of Leeds, Norwich or Sheff Utd in their last 5 fixtures apart from Forest have SHU 4th last and Hull have them 3rd last. So if it comes down to it, we will indeed want Norwich and Leeds promoted by 1 and 2 games left, respectively. 

If possible I would be much happier ruining Leeds promotion bid 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

If we can get up and stay there we can keep the likes of grealish for longer. We stand a better chance of staying up if we are ready.

We don't have the finances to build a PL ready squad in the Championship.

If we do we will get fined, banned from signing players and probably barred from getting promoted.

You can cheat the rules to a point, like we have been doing now for 3 seasons, but not to the extent it would take to build a PL side.

No parachute money and the only sellable assets are the ones we need to keep.

As it is now I'm not even sure we have a scouting network in place.

1 minute ago, sne said:

We don't have the finances to build a PL ready squad in the Championship.

If we do we will get fined, banned from signing players and probably barred from getting promoted.

You can cheat the rules to a point, like we have been doing now for 3 seasons, but not to the extent it would take to build a PL side.

No parachute money and the only sellable assets are the ones we need to keep.

As it is now I'm not even sure we have a scouting network in place.

We don't know what the situation actually is.

All we can do is put faith in the powers that be.

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

We don't know what the situation actually is.

All we can do is put faith in the powers that be.

True, but the accounts doesn't look great sadly.

23 minutes ago, sne said:

I want Villa to compete against the best teams and players.

Only point of this league is to get out of it.

True but whilst I’d be over the moon if we got promoted this season I’d be lying if I said I’d be looking forward to next season in the premier league.