18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

True but whilst I’d be over the moon if we got promoted this season I’d be lying if I said I’d be looking forward to next season in the premier league. 

Yeah it would likely be awful.

I just feel that all the things the owners hopefully have planned will need promotion to be able or even allowed to happen.

the £100m-£180m or whatever we get if we are promoted will mean that the owners can also put a lot of money in and secure much better commercial deals.

All this will be put on hold while we stay here,

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, sne said:

We don't have the finances to build a PL ready squad in the Championship.

If we do we will get fined, banned from signing players and probably barred from getting promoted.

You can cheat the rules to a point, like we have been doing now for 3 seasons, but not to the extent it would take to build a PL side.

No parachute money and the only sellable assets are the ones we need to keep.

As it is now I'm not even sure we have a scouting network in place.

Wolves did. Its difficult but not impossible. 

Edited by Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Wolves did. Its difficult but not impossible. 

Their finances were fine going into the season they did all the spending, ours are not.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Their finances were fine going into the season they did all the spending, ours are not.

Yeah our finances don't look good I dobt understand how we have made more losses this year compared to the year before as we spent anything in transfer fees. 

We are going to cash in on grealish. Sadly that is only way we can survive

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah our finances don't look good I dobt understand how we have made more losses this year compared to the year before as we spent anything in transfer fees. 

We are going to cash in on grealish. Sadly that is only way we can survive

Here's hoping the league continues to allow us to bleed money while the new owners keeps on pumping in more :hooray:

55 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

we are better off staying here. As a fan I’d rather we stay in this league for now.

that small time mentality reminds me of .....a Brentford supporter.

All the smith haters were quiet last night........cos they were bang on it, celebrating.

I've said it before the problems with Brucio/Smiths team was the centre half position, and the crap keeper. In november we scored for fun...but also conceded by the shed load.

These holes have now been plugged by minger and Steer/Kally. so now we just score loads and are water tight at the back. We fear no one now.

In november opposition fans were saying we just been watching the next champions....well fate dealt us a cruel hand.

but now I can smell those delicious 8 quid wembley hotdogs and im simply salivating.

I for one can't wait for the annual pitch invasion at Villa Park and the following weekend I'll have a tear in my eye watching Jack lead us out at Wembley.

2 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

All the smith haters were quiet last night........cos they were bang on it, celebrating.

I've said it before the problems with Brucio/Smiths team was the centre half position, and the crap keeper. In november we scored for fun...but also conceded by the shed load.

These holes have now been plugged by minger and Steer/Kally. so now we just score loads and are water tight at the back. We fear no one now.

In november opposition fans were saying we just been watching the next champions....well fate dealt us a cruel hand.

but now I can smell those delicious 8 quid wembley hotdogs and im simply salivating.

I for one can't wait for the annual pitch invasion at Villa Park and the following weekend I'll have a tear in my eye watching Jack lead us out at Wembley.

I want us to win the playoffs. Just know next season in the premier league would be horrible.

I don’t care if that’s small time mentally. I prefer the mentality to bitching and moaning everytime we don’t get 3 points.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Financiallly the club needs promotion this season.

In terms of winning games and enjoying supporting villa we are better off staying here. As a fan I’d rather we stay in this league for now.

No thanks. I'll take promotion any day if it doesn't mean we lose grealish and we get 100m. Even if we go up and down following year at least we won't have ffp concerns 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No thanks. I'll take promotion any day if it doesn't mean we lose grealish and we get 100m. Even if we go up and down following year at least we won't have ffp concerns 

The way you act whilst we are shit in this league I dread to see your posts while we spanked in the premier league.

As I said promotion would be better for the club but next season won’t be much fun for the fans.

As for FFP. F**k FFP!!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

We have had 2 clean sheets this year and conceded 18 goals in 10 games.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The way you act whilst we are shit in this league I dread to see your posts while we spanked in the premier league.

As I said promotion would be better for the club but next season won’t be much fun for the fans.

As for FFP. F**k FFP!!

So your going on the assumption we will have a successful side next year. You have seen how we struggled without grealish and the likely reality  is he will be sold if we don't go up. As a fan you should want to go up so we can keep grealish. 

You might be happy being beaten 3-0 at Wigan and playing shit against the likes of West brom, brentford and Sheffield United but I don't think it's much to ask to show some sort of desire and fight. (before you say 3-3 at sheff united remember we was absolutely hopeless for 80 of those minutes and we needed some shocking mistakes from Sheffield to get a point) 

As for "**** ffp" you can say this 100 times it doesn't change we. Can't ignore the rules 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wigan was 3. City would be around 6. F**k that off.

And what will the score be against Chelsea and man united? Can you tell us who we will draw in the cups too? 

2 hours ago, screwdriver said:

Christ we are 2 points behind you with a game in hand and we have recently been looking to avoid the smell of Southend beach next season.But that’s a Brentford fans mentality.Pleased Deans got. some  fans off his back now I am hoping Thomas Frank can get us to finish higher than his old mate.