Firesales

AshVilla

On 29/05/2018 at 21:43, pintpotvilla said:

Think one of the main problems will be maintaining the obvious team spirit which has built over the season, Snodgrass, I believe has been at the heart of that along with JT and it looks like neither will be with us next year. Needs a big character in there, don't know who though!

Think Xia's statement torpedo's all the work Bruce has done in fixing the toxic dressing room.

If there is to be a firesale lets just get on with it - and see what next seasons starting 11 looks like.

Edited by hippo
addition

Playing devils advocate here - Aren't we a bit like a shop that puts 'Closing down sale' in the window  (bear with me)  - People just assume everything is a bargain - so some of young starlets who have barely played a game - suddenly attract hysterical bids !  -  

OK - I am clutching at straws

3 hours ago, hippo said:

Playing devils advocate here - Aren't we a bit like a shop that puts 'Closing down sale' in the window  (bear with me)  - People just assume everything is a bargain - so some of young starlets who have barely played a game - suddenly attract hysterical bids !  -  

OK - I am clutching at straws

I think it's more of a case of "you're desperate for whatever cash you can get" so everyone expects you to sell for cheap. The only thing that will drive up prices is if there is demand for any particular player and you can play the bidding clubs off against each other.

On 06/06/2018 at 18:24, Zatman said:

I dread now to see how next seasons squad looks like

call me crazy but im kind of excited to see our kids play together (who already have combinations) sprinkled with a bit of experience players like Whelan Chester Hourihane if we can keep them. 

We need to sell Jedinak Kodjia and Lansbury who are on massive wages and didnt play more than 20 games last season. Then somehow get rid of Richards McCormack Tshibola. 

• Like 1

Ideal world we get rid of Jedinak, Whelan, McCormack, Lansbury, Gil, Gollini, Gardner, Taylor, RDL, Elphick. 

We have Doyle-Hayes, RHM, O'Hare, Sarkic, Clark, Suliman to step up. A few more loan signings for the spine of the side and bosh autos.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Ideal world we get rid of Jedinak, Whelan, McCormack, Lansbury, Gil, Gollini, Gardner, Taylor, RDL, Elphick. 

We have Doyle-Hayes, RHM, O'Hare, Sarkic, Clark, Suliman to step up. A few more loan signings for the spine of the side and bosh autos.

That would be amazing, in an ideal world.

Doubt we'll sell Jedi, Whelan or McCormack though. The others will likely leave I think. 

3 hours ago, sne said:

Southampton interested in Davis and Green apparently.

Will be offering peanuts no doubt.

If we start selling our youngsters, we might as well file for administration. 

• Like 3

don't see why we would sell the youngsters who will not be earning much and will not be bringing in much money. Getting £500K plus saving £3K/week for a youngster is not as good as giving away a Lansbury and saving £30K/week.

4 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

don't see why we would sell the youngsters who will not be earning much and will not be bringing in much money. Getting £500K plus saving £3K/week for a youngster is not as good as giving away a Lansbury and saving £30K/week.

Who is going to pay Henri Lansbury £30k per week?

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

The first 3 I wouldn't mind, but you don't want to be relying on them every week. If Lyden can stay fit he would be another who could come in here and there...but if you are promoting half a dozen youngsters to replace SENIOR professionals, you are bang in trouble in my opinion. It's too many.

Such shame lambert sold most of our accademy player during his reign so man established championship players , Johnson, Robinson , Bannann!, Carrutharers,  even Enda Stevens just to name a few

6 hours ago, sne said:

Southampton interested in Davis and Green apparently.

Will be offering peanuts no doubt.

I don't see how that would help us. The fees would be tiny and their wages are nothing.

I only see 3/4 players leaving for money. 

Grealish, however much I’d love to keep him, he is our one major asset... I’d value him higher but I think he’ll go for £25m plus add ons. Then we’d probably get one of their young loanees in - Onomah or someone similar. 

Chester - again one I’d love to keep but a low prem team will consider him. £8-10m

Bjarnasson - will go back to Europe £2/3m

Then you have the likes of Kodj or Hogan, who if left would be for considerably less than we paid (Kodjia because questions over his fitness). 

Â