Firesales

AshVilla

Just now, AshVilla said:

So who do we sell to try and raise funds because of the diminishing parachute payments

Kodija and Hogan for me

And me. Hogan been a massive disappointment and Kodjia I don't think will ever recover from his injuries but may have some value still 

Just now, rbcuk said:

Not going to get much money for most of them, how many of them are over 30 not much re-sale value there 

The more i think about it the more screwed i think we are.

There really is no resale value.

I think we will have to sell Grealish he's the only thing of value we have.

We'll need a huge re build, we won't be able to afford Johnstone.

Hutton, Chester, Terry, Taylor, Samba, Elphick all will go

Grealish, Snodgrass, Whelan, Onomah, Lansbury will probably go

Kodjia, Hogan and Gabby to go too

Just now, AshVilla said:

It's not about re-sale value. It's actually selling them at all.

The wages they have now they will never get, there is no reason for them to leave anywhere

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Exactly why we needed to go up this season, esp with the players what have come in last 2 seasons

Just curious but what happens if we just ignore FFP? Let’s be honest no other league seems to give it any respect so why would we. I don’t know how much month Tony actually has but I wound be inclined to say sod it I’ll take the fine for missing FFP

• Like 1

For different reasons the following have to go:

Kodjia (too selfish and potentially over the hill)

Hogan (rotten player)

Lansbury (shite and on a lot of money)

Hutton (Earns too much and is old)

Terry (Earns too much and is old)

Samba (old and shit)

Jedinak (Earns too much and is old)

Whelan (Earns too much and is old)

Bjarnason (Not very good and not here on the cheap)

Taylor (shit and not here cheaply)

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

2 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Just curious but what happens if we just ignore FFP? Let’s be honest no other league seems to give it any respect so why would we. I don’t know how much month Tony actually has but I wound be inclined to say sod it I’ll take the fine for missing FFP

Banned from transfers for X years and a fine. 

10 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

So who do we sell to try and raise funds and meet FFP because of the diminishing parachute payments

Kodija and Hogan for me

Can't allow Kodjia to go - he kept us up the season before and may have to again!

Grealish showed today that we were a one man team so he's essential to keep. I've no idea what we do but know we need to keep, Chester, Hutton, Hourihane, Adomah, Grealish and Kodjia.

Bree can play right back, De Laet too. Whelan stays with Jedinak going. Bjarnason is vital because of his utility. Taylor can go. Snodgrass to go with Green going to left wing and Alby switching. Hogan or Grabban? One needs to go. Hope Steer goes number one not Bunn - he's appalling!

A lot depends on how relegated clubs with parachute payments approach things.  Some clubs would perhaps be willing to take on board wages of players like Hogan, Lansbury and Kodjia if the fees are reasonable - certainly more likely with the latter.  Taylor might fetch something too - even if very little - but I can see us keeping him, even if he has been disappointing this year.  

Terry will probably go which will free up a chunk of wages, ditto Hutton.  Agbonlahor off too obviously, but that will save us a bit.  It's just galling that we'll have to continue paying McCormack and Richards - they'll probably be our highest earners next year and contribute the grand total of **** all.

Those we have in on loan won't be back, unless Snodgrass really fancies it, and we'll also have Samba, Elphick etc. off the expenses.

We're still a big pull for this year but we need to be shrewd and have a clear picture of how we're going forward when we bring players in.  Steve Round has a massive role to play.

Never going happen but thought would tweet tony and offer to work for club as a scout for free yet again, last time spoke to Rongtian He and all got was keep my details on record.

All I want to do is help club I love with bit of scouting. I don’t expect him to DM me

Next season worries me with the fire sales and we need to be smart with Bosmans and lower league young players  I don’t have faith that we will.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, supermon said:

We'll need a huge re build, we won't be able to afford Johnstone.

Hutton, Chester, Terry, Taylor, Samba, Elphick all will go

Grealish, Snodgrass, Whelan, Onomah, Lansbury will probably go

Kodjia, Hogan and Gabby to go too

We're not going to sell the whole squad. 

Just now, thejoker said:

Hourihane possibly. Brighton were linked with him a while ago. We could probably get £8m-£10m for him with current prices

I’d be surprised if we get that much for him, if we do get that much I’d be happy

4 minutes ago, thejoker said:

Hourihane possibly. Brighton were linked with him a while ago. We could probably get £8m-£10m for him with current prices

Can’t see him going for anywhere near that 

• Like 1

Â