Firesales

AshVilla

8 minutes ago, thejoker said:

Hourihane possibly. Brighton were linked with him a while ago. We could probably get £8m-£10m for him with current prices

£10 mil ...I'd snap their hands off for that 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

For different reasons the following have to go:

Kodjia (too selfish and potentially over the hill)

Hogan (rotten player)

Lansbury (shite and on a lot of money)

Hutton (Earns too much and is old)

Terry (Earns too much and is old)

Samba (old and shit)

Jedinak (Earns too much and is old)

Whelan (Earns too much and is old)

Bjarnason (Not very good and not here on the cheap)

Taylor (shit and not here cheaply)

Pretty much this, plus I would sell Adomah and bring Green through. If we can get 8-10m for Adomah, we can buy players elsewhere.

• Like 1

Wasn't great today but think some bottom half premier league team would throw 8m at Chester.

If he stays no problem. In the regular season he's one of the better CBs down here.

Would let Hogan go but honestly no one is paying big money given lack of impact here. Likewise Kodjia with all his injuries, clubs will want to see him regularly playing again before bidding in Janaury.

42 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Adomah. Get rid. Bloody useless second half of the season. Him Hogan and taylor

Or we could just play him on the right which is his natural positon , has tailed off but in defence of him and Snodgrass at times we play so deep they spend the majority of their time defending not attacking 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Never going happen but thought would tweet tony and offer to work for club as a scout for free yet again, last time spoke to Rongtian He and all got was keep my details on record.

All I want to do is help club I love with bit of scouting. I don’t expect him to DM me

Next season worries me with the fire sales and we need to be smart with Bosmans and lower league young players  I don’t have faith that we will.

I don't have faith in that either. Absolutely not convinced about Steve Round as Director of Football. 

• Like 1

For different reasons the following have to go:

Kodjia (too selfish and potentially over the hill) - disagree he is one of the few players that can make something happen

Hogan (rotten player) - disagree but unless we get a new manager and play a different way he is a waste of space, he may even just be crap all round but would like to see him get a second chance.

Lansbury (shite and on a lot of money) - agreed, i would like to see him get a second chance but not sure he deserves it.

Hutton (Earns too much and is old) - worth keeping if we can

Terry (Earns too much and is old) - will leave anyway, no chance in hell he would stay in the championship a second season

Samba (old and shit) - thought he did well when he played, but if he is going to spend half the season injured there is no point keeping him.

Jedinak (Earns too much and is old) - has 1 year left in him at best

Whelan (Earns too much and is old) - agreed

Bjarnason (Not very good and not here on the cheap) - disagree needs to play more, should never have been dropped.

Taylor (shit and not here cheaply) - agreed - he has been awful this season but if Bruce stays he won't be sold

---------
Onomah - will go back to Spurs and no one will care

Grabban - will probably sign for another Prem club - maybe an outside chance he will come to us

Snodgrass - we don't have 12mil to sign him and i wouldn't pay that as he is too old.

Grealish - guarantee someone will sign him he is too good for this level

52 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Wasn't great today but think some bottom half premier league team would throw 8m at Chester.

If he stays no problem. In the regular season he's one of the better CBs down here.

Would let Hogan go but honestly no one is paying big money given lack of impact here. Likewise Kodjia with all his injuries, clubs will want to see him regularly playing again before bidding in Janaury.

The way he got utterly annihilated by Mitrovic, someone who has proved to be a below average premier league forward, makes me think that any premier league club would think twice about that one.

4 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Due to FFP, I thought we couldn’t sell the likes of Hogan unless we recouped a significant amount of what we paid.

Yep, that’s essentially right I think. Can’t remember the figures exactly, but I think less than around £6m would be damaging as we record a loss on his asset value (even taking account of wages saved)

37 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The way he got utterly annihilated by Mitrovic, someone who has proved to be a below average premier league forward, makes me think that any premier league club would think twice about that one.

Fulham might want him to replace Odoi who certainly won't be a premier league CB judging by his game today.

I know he didn't play well today but over a season he's a good player and he did o.k at Hull I seem to remember.

• Like 1

I have no idea how FFP works or the consequences of our financial situation, but anything that involves Grealish's departure from the club is mildly depressing.

I really think both have a lot to offer each other.

I have respect and in some cases admiration for the majority of our players efforts this year, even the fringe dwellers.

That said I only really care if Grealish leaves.

We really should not be having any sort of firesale if it's avoidable. Selling Grealish will weaken us incredibly. What do we need to do to meet FFP in any case? Are there any other available options of meeting it? What would be the penalty if we didn't meet it? Would avoiding any such penalty be worth letting the bulk of our first team go and leaving us as weak as a kitten next season? 

11 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Whatever sort of "creative accounting" that Wolves did this season is exactly what we need to do.

Might ask Dr Tony if he fancies checking whether Mino Raiola would like to invest in our club.

Wyness stated in an interview mid-season that if we don't go up that Xia had "plans".

I am sure it's not lost on those in charge that Villa need money and that FFP will be an issue.

Now what these plans could be? Who knows, but I hope they are as shady as they get without getting us in trouble.

• Like 3

Â