Firesales

AshVilla

If we could move these 3 on that would be good.

Kinda surprised one of Hogan or Kodja isn't on that list. One of them has to go surely, even both of them? 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Kinda surprised one of Hogan or Kodja isn't on that list. One of them has to go surely, even both of them? 

Given Kodija's ankle injury, he could well be finished ? and his price will reflect this. Hogan being rubbish this year means he'll be a bargain too. I'd bet any reasonable offer will be accepted for anyone in our squad with the possible exception of Grealish, where some effort at grandstanding will be attempted. Let's hope they don't force him to strike etc.

Edited by villakram

It would be better to sell a few players for small fees than one player for a large fee. If I am correct, the running costs are more than our income, the running costs predominantly being player salaries. So landing one big fee only papers over the cracks temporarily, whereas removing the ongoing expense will benefit us long term.

Therefore, with a few players like Terry, Snodgrass, Onomah, Johnstone, Gabby, Samba and Hutton already leaving a big chunk has surely already been saved. If only we could remove Richards and McCormack  from the books we would surely have saved a small fortune already in wages.

I can understand the attempt to sell Elmo, Whelan and Jedi as they are on big wages and are probably not physically up to a whole season. Jedi in particular has not played as much as you would hope for his salary in his two seasons here.

Pick up a few seasoned but cheaper pro’s, negotiate some cheaper loans where the parent team heavily subsidise and hope our youngsters step up to fill some of the void, I only hope they are as good as we hope. Time to sink or swim for some of the youngsters.

It may be unpopular, but maybe time to consider ground/stand sponsorship deals to raise extra revenue.

Edited by NeilS
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

It seems the theme is losing the older higher earners. Which in an ideal world would happen, but the reality is nobody will be queuing up for them. 

Well given that Johnny Evans has just gone to Leicester for £3.5 million if we could get more than 2 million for the 3 of them i would be surprised but even giving them away would get 4/5 million off the wage bill

Edited by LakotaDakota

40 minutes ago, Rodders said:

that all makes sense. Bree's time to step up at right back and both Mile and Jedinak on too high a wage and aren't long term options anyway.

Do you reckon we could get a fee for Mile and a fee for Jedinak?

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, KHV said:

Odds of Jedinak and Whelan being sold are somewhere between slim and non

Only need one of them gone really. Too many players for that position even before the fun started

22 minutes ago, hippo said:

Turned down £8m from Brighton for Chester. Good to get that  in the news ....ergo we are not that desparate.

Source?

2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Well given that Johnny Evans has just gone to Leicester for £3.5 million if we could get more than 2 million for the 3 of them i would be surprised but even giving them away would get 4/5 million off the wage bill

He went for 3.5 because of a relegation clause, he's worth a lot more than that. 

• Like 1

Â