Firesales

AshVilla

Think one of the main problems will be maintaining the obvious team spirit which has built over the season, Snodgrass, I believe has been at the heart of that along with JT and it looks like neither will be with us next year. Needs a big character in there, don't know who though!

Edited by pintpotvilla

I don't think we are in as bad as position as quite feared. First of all we have some big wages leaving the club on free's , lets assume they all leave. I think Terry will, although i would keep hold of him if we can.

All figures from sillyseason.com

Terry 60K

Gabby 55K

Samba 20k ?

Bunn 17.5k

Hutton i would keep if he takes a reduction in wage, 1 year deal with an option of second or something.

Then i would be actively looking to sell:

Hogan (35k), Lansbury (40K), Taylor (30k), Gardner (20k), De Laet (25k), and one of Jedi (45k) or Whelan (30k?) My guess being Jedi back to Oz. And then you have McCormack  and Richards which i cant see leaving. 

That would be around 350k a week saved straight away, then you would have transfer fees for some of those also.

Naturally i think one or two of our better players will leave this summer, first thing we MUST do is find out what Jack wants to do. If he wants to leave then get the deal done so we can put the money back into the club. If not then i think there will be interest in Hourihane, Adomah, Chester. Kodija is a tough one, cant see many, if any being interested in paying a big fee due to injuries maybe keep him here and see how he goes start of next season.

Ive seen a figure of £45 million being banded about as what we need to comply. 

18 Million saved from all that, if it happens of course ! Probably around 10 million in fees ? Then take a pick of the better players, i would like to keep all of course but think Hourihane and Chester most likely to have concrete interest. Hourihane (30k) going would bring around 3.6 million  Chester (40k) around 7.2 million (transfermarkt) that would put us pretty close. Then all the loans signings will be off the books, i cant put numbers to these as i dont know how much we are paying of each. But will be money saved.

This of course is all simple and not gonna be exact, but there is a way of sorting the problems without completely decimating the squad. Would enable us to bring through some of the youngsters to replace the ones who have left. 

Maybe then look at renaming a stand, to produce some funds to purchase other players.

Its the biggest summer in our history probably....How many times have we said that recently? 

As I've previously posted, the following players are out of contract by end of June 2018;

Terry, Bunn, Hutton, Samba, Agbonlahor, Sarkic, Watkins, Abdo, Blackett-Taylor, Borg, Pastorek, Prosser, Coates, Cox, Idem, Johansson, Stretch, Boucher, Bazeley-Graham, Williams, Rowe, McKirdy and Doyle-Hayes.

Finnerty and Hall have recently been sold.

That will reduce the wage bill by a fair amount, and we won't (in my opinion) miss too many of them, if any. 

19 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

As I've previously posted, the following players are out of contract by end of June 2018;

Terry, Bunn, Hutton, Samba, Agbonlahor, Sarkic, Watkins, Abdo, Blackett-Taylor, Borg, Pastorek, Prosser, Coates, Cox, Idem, Johansson, Stretch, Boucher, Bazeley-Graham, Williams, Rowe, McKirdy and Doyle-Hayes.

That will reduce the wage bill by a fair amount, and we won't (in my opinion) miss too many of them, if any. 

Blimey, we'll have nobody left apart from the first 11 and the Under 13's.

28 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

Sounds like the trumpton roll call....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

I think a few players in that list may have signed contracts already. I'm sure Sarkic, Blackett-Taylor and Doyle-Hayes are all contracted beyond this summer.

• Like 1

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2017/09/05/doyle-hayes-signs-new-deal

"Aston Villa is delighted to announce that Jake Doyle-Hayes has signed a new contract.

The 18-year-old has penned a three-year deal with the club.

A former captain of the academy sides and a regular for the U23 squad last term, the midfielder featured for the first team in pre-season before making his senior debut in the 4-1 win over Wigan Athletic in the Carabao Cup.

He said: “I’m really pleased to have signed a new contract with Aston Villa.

“It was great to be involved with the first team during pre-season and it was a special feeling to make my debut at a place like Villa Park against Wigan." 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Bjarnson has just said he wants to stay 

Interesting was unhappy losing his place - perhaps he knows Bruce is getting binned off and fancies his chances under someone else 

Or he is just on decent money here ...

Just now, Nabby said:

Interesting was unhappy losing his place - perhaps he knows Bruce is getting binned off and fancies his chances under someone else 

Or with O'Hare injured, Grealish 50/50 next year , there is a real opening for him next season. After a slow start he done ok - I would have brought him on instead of Hogan on saturday.

As I said, I got the info in the last 24 hours off transfermkt, which said the contracts ended when stated.

It will be interesting to see the full retained and released list from the EFL, which is out some time next month.Then we'll know for certain who we've got to play with/sell on.

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

If we can get Johnstone back, keep Chester and Grealish that is all we need. The rest are replaceable with the right manager in charge.

Richards must be out of contract by now as well?

Richards is under contract until 2019, which sucks.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Nabby said:

That or he believes players around him will be getting binned off placing him higher in the pecking order once more. 

3 hours ago, Daweii said:

That or he believes players around him will be getting binned off placing him higher in the pecking order once more. 

We will do well to get rid the likes of Lansbury and Whelan 

We had better hope to God that one of the relegated clubs will be willing to take a punt of McCormack or Hogan or if someone has been doing some serious drugs Richards. Otherwise we will still have those wages sucking the lifeblood out of us.  Maybe even a small fee for Hogan. 

Can't see it though. 

Â