What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

Just had my first drink in two weeks and it was a grim colourful can of IPA. Don't even know what it was, just picked it from a shelf as a one-off.

Hated it. Maybe I should give up booze? 

On 04/04/2020 at 01:09, Spoony said:

Incidentally, do people like their rums neat? I can never get into sipping rum. Not even in a rum old fashioned 

I can't drink it neat. But then again I can't drink any spirit neat.

I wish I could, but I have to have some coke with my rum, even if it's strong.

• Like 1

I drink some spiced rums neat - well, with ice. I rarely did until sometime last year though, when I tried a some in a bar that I really liked. I've bought a few different bottles since that I've mostly had straight.

I do like it mixed with coke though. Same with bourbon. Generally if I'm drinking spirits I'll have either of those with coke or ginger beer (with rum only for the latter), but if I've got a nice rum in then it now seems a shame to mix it.

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Listening to 1874 Podcast, promo from Beer52.com where you get 10 beers for £5. Anyone tried them?

Yeh, there’s not usually much amazing there but still at least as good as the craft beers you can get in supermarkets, and a fraction of the price on the offer.

If you’re lucky you’ll get something from Trzech Kumpli in Poland or Garden Brewery in Croatia.

You have to call or email to cancel the subscription though, unless that’s just a one off.

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Just had my first drink in two weeks and it was a grim colourful can of IPA. Don't even know what it was, just picked it from a shelf as a one-off.

Hated it. Maybe I should give up booze? 

what was it?

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Thanks 1

I have had wine every day of the lockdown and I am at the point where I am all wined out. I have a lot of other alcohol except beer and the other alcohol I cant drink all night as I will be **** hammered before Friday Night Dinners starts. I believe that a trip to the shops for beer is an essential journey. 

One of 2 remaining cans of stella artois. Once the other is finished off I'd feel a git going to the local tesco Express to buy more. 

Hardly essential items, right ?

55 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Had a can of this last night.

Amundsen Double Donut Dream.jpg

A 13.5% Biscotti/marshmallow doughnut stout. £10 a can, and I've bought more, it's unbelievable.

£10 a can!! Jesus I’d want it to give me a bj afterwards for that price 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Had a can of this last night.

Amundsen Double Donut Dream.jpg

A 13.5% Biscotti/marshmallow doughnut stout. £10 a can, and I've bought more, it's unbelievable.

Awesome! Where do you buy it from?

And yes that’s the going rate for some beers, and yes they can be worth it.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Where does everyone get their wild and wacky ales from? Most supermarkets tend to have the standard popular ales. 

46 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Awesome! Where do you buy it from?

I usually buy from a little independent beer shop, but I'm in Nottingham, so no use for Xela. They're closed at the moment though so I ordered from these guys https://www.yupp.beer/home-delivery?

Their stout and sour selection is particularly good.

2 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Bj from an empty can can't end well.....

You'd probably want to take the top off and put a fleshlight insert in there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â