What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

3 minutes ago, choffer said:

Apparently I ordered a bunch of spirits late on Saturday after a couple of sherbets. Now they’ve turned up I’m not sure how keen I am for this particular spit roast. 

That might work in a Monkey Gland if it's wrong with tonic?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

Well it is a Wednesday so why the hell not. 

glenmorangie-10-years-the-original.jpg

I went to the distillery last summer. I'm not a big Scotch drinker but tasting every type they had, all for free. Banging.

• Like 2

Guess it can go in this thread , but I’m surprised generally  how many people seem to be hitting the bottle every night....  Tbf , I’m not a big home drinker and  so far I’ve had 2 cans of lager during games of video poker as we’ve kinda done a cheers tap to the webcam  ... from the various zoom / Houseparty stuff we’ve been doing , I’ve got friends demolishing bottles of whisky , brandy , wine and beer like they are on a night out with Oliver Reed ... I like a good binge drink on a night out but getting pissed at home I kinda don’t get.

it’s not a judgemental call , just a genuine level of surprise ,when this is over I reckon I’ll have lost more friends to liver failure than Corona virus !!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Guess it can go in this thread , but I’m surprised generally  how many people seem to be hitting the bottle every night....  Tbf , I’m not a big home drinker and  so far I’ve had 2 cans of lager during games of video poker as we’ve kinda done a cheers tap to the webcam  ... from the various zoom / Houseparty stuff we’ve been doing , I’ve got friends demolishing bottles of whisky , brandy , wine and beer like they are on a night out with Oliver Reed ... I like a good binge drink on a night out but getting pissed at home I kinda don’t get.

it’s not a judgemental call , just a genuine level of surprise ,when this is over I reckon I’ll have lost more friends to liver failure than Corona virus !!

I'd like to think it's a first few weeks rebound effect that should balance itself better in the coming weeks..... hope!

• Like 1

During these trying times and not being able to get the IPA I like in decent quantities I'm trying to avoid lager as much as possible as it's so gassy and takes too much to get a nice buzz so I've decided to go down the cheap vodka route. Russian Standard is very drinkable neat straight out of the fridge to me. Just got this new one from Lidl this morning. It had some silver award from 2017 so hopefully it's good. £13 for 70cl so well worth a try. Whiskey turns me into a nutter so I avoid it! 

mF98mzu.jpg

Edited by Wezbid
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

During these trying times and not being able to get the IPA I like in decent quantities I'm trying to avoid lager as much as possible as it's so gassy and takes too much to get a nice buzz so I've decided to go down the cheap vodka route. Russian Standaed is very drinkable neat straight out of the fridge to me. Just got this new one from Lidl this morning. It had some silver award from 2017 so hopefully it's good. £13 for 70cl so well worth a try. Whiskey turns me into a nutter so I avoid it! 

mF98mzu.jpg

"During these trying times and not being able to get the IPA I like in decent quantities"

Cant even read the rest...……… Awwww you b88908d, still laughing here😂😂😂

Edit... ok finished it, Vodka is best served neat and chilled with frozen grapes on the side, trust me.

Edited by Phil Silvers

i am a big home drinker and normally due to the early commute I dont touch a drop Sunday night to Thursday night. Thats now gone down the drain (figuratively you pedantic bastards) but Im not drinking as much as I would on a Friday. 

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

It’s not a judgemental call , just a genuine level of surprise ,when this is over I reckon I’ll have lost more friends to liver failure than Corona virus !!

Not a big drinker here. I helped a brewer source some kit a few months ago. Not had to buy beer since. Indeed I'm hitting a can or two of porter a day so it it doesn't go off :) 

4 hours ago, Wezbid said:

... so I've decided to go down the cheap vodka route.

Cornershop favourite Glen's Vodka came out ahead of more expensive rivals in blind tastings. Take them as you find them. 

Genuine Russian vodka in the smaller bottles that cost around 80p taste more interesting because of impurities.

I'd rather drink the Lidl Gordon's copy than Gordon's tbh. Someone bought a bottle of Gordon's around, it's earmarked for jelly or maybe cocktails?

Edited by Xann
  • Like 1

I am very much trying not to drink at home, so far we've kept friday night as something to build up to - i.e. a cheese and wine do last week, this week, cocktails and cooking a big meal etc. But I have found myself drinking a whiskey and lemonade out of boredoma couple of times. It's not easy.  I'm trying to limit drinking days to 4 a week ( including days where it is just the one drink ). Slight problem being we stocked up heavily on booze a few months ago, to road test a few drinks before our wedding ( since cancelled ) so now we have endless bottles of wine and spirits around the house so temptation is never far away, and the whole cancelling the wedding thing doesn't make it easier :D today's a non-drinking day though, as we plan to try out a couple of cocktails. A negroni and an experimental old-fashioned I think

Edited by Rodders

2 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

Plantation Rum Stiggins' Fancy Pineapple — Plantation Rum

Had to do a double take, the wording under pineapple on the right looks like Stinky Fanny! 

Now I’m disappointed it’s not pineapple and stinky fanny flavoured. 

8 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Yep I’m the same. Love going out and having a beer. But like you I’ve had two cans at home since isolation began.

• Like 1

On 31/03/2020 at 19:07, Stevo985 said:

As mentioned in another thread I don’t usually drink at home, but for some reason the lockdown has got me drinking at home almost every night!

got through two bottles of rum in the past 10 days

AFAA4B97-6559-4113-8EFF-ACD2C778EEBE.jpeg

and his darker brother:
464FCC57-19CE-440A-8D77-BDEC2948590E.jpeg

ordered a bottle of the cherry version for next week 😂

Grabbed  a bottle of the cherry earlier, 10/10 WB

Don't normally drink at home but I've been treating myself to make up for still having to work.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, V01 said:

Grabbed  a bottle of the cherry earlier, 10/10 WB

Don't normally drink at home but I've been treating myself to make up for still having to work.

Yeah the cherry is lovely. I still prefer the original, but the cherry is basically just tastes like the original with cherry coke (if you have it with coke)

Â