What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

9 hours ago, Xela said:

First drink of the day (not my photo, as per usual)

Mikkeller Raspberry Berliner Weisse

Das ist bloody lovely! 

2017_0724_Hallo_Ich_Bin_Berliner_Weisse.

I like a fruity European beer. Massively underrated by the insecure who must only drink warm ales that taste like licking a Wetherspoons carpet. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Lockdown is resulting in me and mrsvm making our way through the drinks cupboard. Tonight has been Jack Daniels mixed with old Jamaica ginger beer and it's not bad at all as a combo :thumb:

My preferred combo. Really brings down the sweetness of the Jack. 

• Like 1

Upped our game. The wife to be has drawn our drinking lineup out as a football pitch:

0995-F49-E-8822-4982-BA65-235339106-A68.

Pilsner in goal, sours at the back, IPAs in midfield and a porter up front, managed by a pastry stout.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Seat68 said:

My preferred combo. Really brings down the sweetness of the Jack. 

I read this this morning and thought what's he on about it's like a glass of neat syrup! But now I've started on the rest of the bottle I just had a sip of neat jd before adding mixer and you're spot on sir. 

Cheers Stay Home GIF by Mena

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Including subs suggests a real commitment to the idea or that she's worked her way through half the side. :)

Haha

Subs were in case we needed extra beers. We’ve already brought on Nevermind because we got halfway through the first 11 already.

• Like 1

Full Time 1-1

Golden April: Fresh to the team and a little bit too noticeable for a keeper. Could have done better for the goal, which left a slightly bitter taste. 7/10

Gelato Pineapple: Excellent but just not quite as good as it’s brother 8/10

Kiwibonga!: A little weak in the air but otherwise fairly solid. 7.5/10

Grześ: A tall performance. You want to see it every week, but injury problems make it somewhat elusive. 8/10

ART33: Reliable. Would be outstanding if not outshone by some newcomers in recent weeks. 8/10

Earl Grey Pale Ale: A weak link and culpable for the goal, promises more than it delivers. Has a mistake waiting for everything that it delivers, a Nigel Reo-Coker of a beer. 6.5/10

Jam Session: Keeps things ticking over, solid if unspectacular. Only criticism is that it’s physically lightweight. Ashley Westwood on a good day. 7.5/10

Forest In The Fog: A surprise standout, bringing an unexpected fruity flair. It’s new appearance seems to have paid dividends in performance. 8/10 BOTM

Funky Garden: Exciting and busy, has a lot of tricks up its sleeve. 8/10

Ambrosia Hopz Oil: Clean finishing certainly didn’t leave a bitter taste, took its goal well. 8/10

Hop Na Kawkę: It’s style left it a little bit isolated up front, but that wasn’t helped by missing a few chances when it could have done better. 7/10

Subs

Nevermind Vol. 2: Didn’t do enough to leave a lasting impression but bright nonetheless. 7.5/10

Cloudy Double NEIPA: A late change onto the bench for Stormy, which was injured in the warmup. See above. 7.5/10

Manager

Where Are My Goggles?: Tactics absolutely spot on as always. Couldn’t really have done much more. 9/10

8-F01-BBDC-F370-4120-A13-D-4-C1-E5507-A7

• Like 2

11 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Full Time 1-1

Golden April: Fresh to the team and a little bit too noticeable for a keeper. Could have done better for the goal, which left a slightly bitter taste. 7/10

Gelato Pineapple: Excellent but just not quite as good as it’s brother 8/10

Kiwibonga!: A little weak in the air but otherwise fairly solid. 7.5/10

Grześ: A tall performance. You want to see it every week, but injury problems make it somewhat elusive. 8/10

ART33: Reliable. Would be outstanding if not outshone by some newcomers in recent weeks. 8/10

Earl Grey Pale Ale: A weak link and culpable for the goal, promises more than it delivers. Has a mistake waiting for everything that it delivers, a Nigel Reo-Coker of a beer. 6.5/10

Jam Session: Keeps things ticking over, solid if unspectacular. Only criticism is that it’s physically lightweight. Ashley Westwood on a good day. 7.5/10

Forest In The Fog: A surprise standout, bringing an unexpected fruity flair. It’s new appearance seems to have paid dividends in performance. 8/10 BOTM

Funky Garden: Exciting and busy, has a lot of tricks up its sleeve. 8/10

Ambrosia Hopz Oil: Clean finishing certainly didn’t leave a bitter taste, took its goal well. 8/10

Hop Na Kawkę: It’s style left it a little bit isolated up front, but that wasn’t helped by missing a few chances when it could have done better. 7/10

Subs

Nevermind Vol. 2: Didn’t do enough to leave a lasting impression but bright nonetheless. 7.5/10

Cloudy Double NEIPA: A late change onto the bench for Stormy, which was injured in the warmup. See above. 7.5/10

Manager

Where Are My Goggles?: Tactics absolutely spot on as always. Couldn’t really have done much more. 9/10

8-F01-BBDC-F370-4120-A13-D-4-C1-E5507-A7

Who did you get to type that for you?

• Haha 1

Realised I never posted yesterdays drink...

Nice but I think I preferred the previous raspberry one I tried (the Mikkeller)

32cc4d_72c5dfc1ab2b442f809655bc2b1c816e~

• Like 2

Â