What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

Just opened this

sasaison0418-1080x675.jpg

Saison (5.9% ABV), meaning ‘season’ is a refreshing and thirst-quenching beer for summer, with notes of black pepper, spice and citrus, offering lightly tart, sweet flavours and a fresh aroma. Combining Magnum and Citra hops, it is gently spiced with ginger, lemon and lime zest.

https://www.staustellbrewery.co.uk/article/Cornish-Saison

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Not bad! I'm no fan of peach flavours but I wanted to try a sour beer and this was the first I saw at Sainsburys. 

An interesting drink, I'd have it again. 

I generally like peach-flavoured things . . . this used to be my favourite:

1mHZ4aIM436UCDf0l4_WCgnTA80t-uZjlWOeVHo6

Sadly they've discontinued it and refuse to bring it back. Judging by the number of 'brew your own' recipes for it online I'm not the only one who misses it. I might have to have a go myself at some point.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xela said:

I picked up loads of the M&S range when they (last) flogged them off for about 30p each. I seem to remember this one being pretty good, as was the Blood Orange wheat beer.

(Half of) one tonight. My excuse is that I wanted to find out how good it was so that I can pick up some more on Friday before they sell out, if it met expectations. It exceeded them.

maltgarden-requiem.jpg

Edited by fightoffyour

On 13/04/2020 at 19:32, Troglodyte said:

I'd like to try to cherry Old J but generally I'm not a fan of cherry flavoured stuff so not going to be getting a bottle! I had the vanilla and lime one for Christmas and wasn't sure at first, but then it grew on me and I very quickly got through the rest!

Yeah might not be for you then. 

The original Old J (the vanilla and lime one) is definitely my preferred version. 

Had our pokerface night last night so thought I’d opt for a different tipple for a change ... found a bottle of alcoholic ginger beer In my garage fridge and thought , ahh that might be refreshing 

turns out it went off in Aug 2017 , 

i know I don’t drink a a lot at home but hadn’t realised just how little !!

First drink of the day (not my photo, as per usual)

Mikkeller Raspberry Berliner Weisse

Das ist bloody lovely! 

2017_0724_Hallo_Ich_Bin_Berliner_Weisse.

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

I’ve been trying to limit to 1 bottle when I do my online Houseparty stuff with mates  ... Mrs H went shopping today and bless her she bought these massive litre bottles of lager  so I can stick to my 1 self imposed 1 bottle limit ... I knew there was a reason I stuck with her :) 

Had a ridiculously busy day at work, nothing flashy for me so reverted to my comfort blanket drink which is Stella Artois

Some days it’s just needed

Strangely it’s the one beer I prefer from a can

Edited by KHV

Â