What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

7 hours ago, Spoony said:

A couple of people mentioned Brewdog - has anyone had this one on a BA flight?

spacer.png

it doesn’t have particularly rave reviews but I thought it was banging. On a 13 hour flight to Cayman I was absolutely pounding these. 

I'm sure it compares very favourably to the usual one in-flight "option" of Heineken!

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Onto this now. 

Its nice and goes down a treat but I think I prefer the Gamma Ray American pale ale if I was forced to choose. 

IMG_3446.jpg

Yeah I'm the same. Both very nice though. 

I'm working my way through a few whiskey samples before deciding on a bottle. 

Laguvalin 16 was nice but can't imagine drinking it on a regular basis. 

Going to try Deanston 12 tonight. 

• Like 1

Been getting through the mid weeks on probably the best non-alcoholic beer I've ever had: (borrowed photo not moved house)

dd6d025358de89e1947ada5ea30a8768_1280x12

Good news is you can pick it up from your local Zabka for less than 5 zloty.

But enough of that shit, it's Friday!

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Been getting through the mid weeks on probably the best non-alcoholic beer I've ever had: (borrowed photo not moved house)

dd6d025358de89e1947ada5ea30a8768_1280x12

Good news is you can pick it up from your local Zabka for less than 5 zloty.

But enough of that shit, it's Friday!

giphy.gif

Have you had 1 na 100? Perfect for work lunches.

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Have you had 1 na 100? Perfect for work lunches.

Yep that’s probably the best non-flavoured “non alcoholic” I’ve tried. The fruity ones do a better job of covering up that NA beer taste, but they can be a bit of a sugar/calorie bomb. Having 1% alcohol also helps compared to absolute 0, and that one’s 100 calories (if anyone’s counting!) in a 500ml bottle.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Yep that’s probably the best non-flavoured “non alcoholic” I’ve tried. The fruity ones do a better job of covering up that NA beer taste, but they can be a bit of a sugar/calorie bomb. Having 1% alcohol also helps compared to absolute 0, and that one’s 100 calories (if anyone’s counting!) in a 500ml bottle.

Yeah, stuff like Warka radler etc are just fizzy pop.

I think I've had that Mango one before too; I recognise the branding.

• Like 1

On 14/04/2020 at 19:32, Xela said:

Had one of these after* work. Lovely! Very drinkable

beavertown_gamma_ray_330ml_can.jpg

*not during, honest

Oof! When I went to watch Wrexham play Tranmere at Prenton Park they had a big beer tent outside and they had pints of this on tap. I'd already caned 6 or 7 Scrumpy Jack ciders on the train and walk to the ground so I was a bit leathered come full time. Won 1-0 playing with 10 men for about 80 mins. Quality! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Oof! When I went to watch Wrexham play Tranmere at Prenton Park they had a big beer tent outside and they had pints of this on tap. I'd already caned 6 or 7 Scrumpy Jack ciders on the train and walk to the ground so I was a bit leathered come full time. Won 1-0 playing with 10 men for about 80 mins. Quality! 

Thought you would have been all over this 

9.jpg

On 12/04/2020 at 16:16, Davkaus said:

I usually buy from a little independent beer shop, but I'm in Nottingham, so no use for Xela. They're closed at the moment though so I ordered from these guys https://www.yupp.beer/home-delivery?

Their stout and sour selection is particularly good.

You'd probably want to take the top off and put a fleshlight insert in there. 

Great tip - are they delayed by virus stuff with their next day delivery? Everyone else seems to be...

Just supping this cheeky intriguing number...

Nice... smooth (as it should be!) and you can definitely taste the fruitiness. Works well IMO

Pineapple-Milkshake-IPA-2.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

Great tip - are they delayed by virus stuff with their next day delivery? Everyone else seems to be...

They're still shipping same day if you order early, but although it was "next day" DHL didn't get it here for a couple of days.

• Thanks 1

Current tipple

Nice and smooth. 6.7%, so a bit stronger than my usual scoop, but you can't tell by drinking it. A solid effort.

7/10 WB

Beavertown-4801-640x427.jpg

• Like 1

The first course.  Very nice.   Extra/Double IPA's sometimes are a little too bitter for me and dry out my mouth, but this one's nice.  I've seen it around for ages but never tried it.   Came in a sampler 12-pack my wife brought back from a shopping trip.   That's right, my OH goes on beer runs for me.   You all wish you could be me!

torpedo2.jpg

Edited by il_serpente
  • Like 2

On 15/04/2020 at 11:21, Xela said:

Onto this now. 

Its nice and goes down a treat but I think I prefer the Gamma Ray American pale ale if I was forced to choose. 

IMG_3446.jpg

Back in my London days this was my fav bevvie despite the fact I immediately grew a man bun and was suddenly wearing a deep v neck and lenseless glasses

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â